✰ 14.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

—✰—

avani and her family walked through the doors, everyone clapping as the thornton family arrived, kamri standing at the venue with her eyes wide.

as soon as she could, avani separated from her family and walked over to her friend, seeing her clearly pissed off

"so you go from a pogue to my brother. wow i really didn't see that one coming" kamri scoffed, walking off

"kams wait, he's only my date. i didn't even know!" she exclaimed, reaching out to grab her hand.

"yeah right he is. you'll probably just use him, get in his pants and drop him. like you did to that pogue and to every other guy you've been with" she scoffed

"seriously, kamri! that's what you think of me!" she scoffed, rolling her eyes at the way her 'best friend' was acting.

"i don't use them and you know it! you know what i've been through with guys and especially with rafe. i cant believe you think that low of me" avani frowned

"hope you have a good time with my brother, you slut" she grunted before storming off.

avani stood in shock, before hearing a voice behind her.

"hey girl, everything okay?" she heard kiara turning to look at her.

the girl went to speak, but nothing came out after as the girl didn't know what to say. all she wanted to do was cry right now but she obviously wasn't gonna make a scene.

kie embraced her in a hug, then the two walked off towards pope who was with his father, being the food supplier of the party.

hours went by, the sun went down and kie and avani were on the dance floor.

"i'll be back, i'm gonna go get a drink" avani smiled, walking away from her friend backwards mumbling curse words as she walked into somebody's chest make her quickly turn to see a waiter.

"i am so sorry! i wasn't looking where i was going" she giggled, her jaw dropping after who she saw

"JJ?!" she questioned seeing the blonde boy infront of her, hugging him.

"woah, you look....woah" the boy mumbled as he admired the girl infront of him.

"yeah yeah, pick up your jaw" she joked, the boy giving her a quick kiss.

"that's a new thing" she smiled

"i mean i'm not complaining" he said smiling.

"anyway- hey, mandatory power hour at rixons cover later on, wheres kie or sarah?" he asked

"sarah cameron?" she asked

"yeah, john b's macking on her" he joked

"what!" she shouted, her eyes joining wide as he covered her mouth as people looked at the two.

"long story- i just need to find them before i get caught, i'm not exactly supposed to be here" he scoffed.

"sarah's over there- hey avani, is he harassing you?" she heard jakes voice cut her off, feeling his arm grip around her waist, JJ glaring up at him.