✰ 24.

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
don't forget to vote & comment

—✰—

hours past, pope and kie were working again as soon as the sun was up, while avani and JJ lay together on the porch, JJs head resting on her lap while he slept peacefully, her running her hand softly through his blonde hair.

she heard his soft snores become silent, feeling him squirm around before his hands raised to his eyes, rubbing them as he woke.

"morning" she smiled weakly, the sun rising in the distance, waking the boy.

"morning" he groaned, sitting up and stretching, immediately regretting it as he winced, the pain in his eyes visible to avani.

he hunched over, holding his ribs in pain, avani softly hugging him behind.

"i'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday bub" he sighed, laying his head against hers that sat on his shoulder

"i didn't mean any of it- whenever i yell at you i don't mean it, it's just out of anger, i can't help it sometimes" he said, his voice raspy

"JJ- JJ, it's okay, calm down" she said, sitting up and moving to face him, softly gripping him face with her small hands.

"i'm sorry, for everything. i'm such an asshole" he sighed

"JJ shut up, okay. it's okay, i promise" she admitted. at much as she hated to forgive him, she knew she would've had to one day for the two to be friends, despite him admitting he loved her the night before.

"let me clean you up, yeah?" she offered, him turning and laying his head on her shoulder.

"im gonna go shower" he grumbled, stepping away after placing a kiss on her forehead.

she walked to the kitchen, searching for whatever food she could find, not being successful as the boy who once lived here hadn't stocked up or been here in weeks.

she let out a whine as she felt a pair of arms grip her waist, flipping her around to be faced with JJ who stood with a smirk on his face.

"you gonna join?" he asked, their faces only centimetres apart.

"you wish" she winked, watching him whine  before he returned to the bathroom.

she followed behind him, brushing her teeth and talking to him for a few minutes saying she was gonna go get everyone some food.

"bu-bye!" she said, as JJ peeled around the shower curtain, pecking her lips before she slipped out of the bathroom again, the boy groaned as she left.

she walked past kie and pope who talked on the porch, smiling at them.

"i'm gonna go get some breakfast, y'all want anything?" she kindly asked

"yes please!"

avani eventually arrived at one of the most popular diners in the OBX, buying breakfast for her and her friend's, only to bump into the two people she hated the most on her way out