✰ 30.

CHAPTER THIRTY

—✰—

hours past, and the crew crashed at the wreck for the night after letting sarah know about john b, nobody having any idea what trouble he had actually got into over the night while they were sleeping as the two ran from the cops.

JJ woke up as soon as the sun rose, sitting around waiting for the others to wake as he worried about his best friend, desperately wanting to know if he was okay.

as he flicked his lighter open and closed as a habit, avani soon woke up to the irritating clicking noise, disturbing her sleep.

she soon sat up, wrapped in JJs hoodie he draped over her in the cold night, looking up to him as she groaned, seeing him look off into the distance, still thinking of his bestfriend.

she stood up quietly, not wanting to wake the others, cracking her back and neck after a rough nights sleep on the floor with JJs backpack as a make-do pillow.

she walked towards JJ, wrapping her arms around him and laying her head against his shoulder.

"hey bubba" he mumbled, turning and kissing the top of her head.

"how are you holding up?" she asked softly, rubbing circles on his stomach.

"i feel like total shit. i just wanna know if he's okay" he sighed.

"he's pinched for sure, man" JJ said as pope walked over and stood next to him.

"nah, they wouldn't still be patrolling if the caught him" pope stated.

"let's hope" avani said, moving away from JJ and sitting on the table with kie.

"you know, we were in that car. they're probably looking for us too" kie said

"i've got shitloads of missed calls from my parents and topper, so they've definitely gone to them" avani sighed

"well if we're gonna be outlaws we might as well help john b" pope said

"so, find him before they do? pope?" JJ asked

"i'm gonna go get gas for the boat." pope said

"hey, you be careful, okay?" kie said sweetly, pope inky glaring at her in response.

"meet me at the dock at three. don't be late" pope said, pointing at JJ and walking out, kie soon following

"what happened between those two?" avani asked

"i don't know, i was about to ask you the same thing" JJ said, walking outside also, avani soon followed

"look, i'm sorry i hurt your feelings!" kie said, pope then cutting her off and revving JJs dirt bike.

"sorry what was that?" pope said

"pope i'm serious! i'm trying to talk to you!" kie shouted, JJ and avani looking at eachother in confusion as pope sped off

kie stormed back towards the wreck, everyone's heads pointing upwards as a helicopter flew over.

"who the hell is that?" JJ asked