nine

baby, want you to stay with me
don't leave me

•—•

When Teddy opens her eyes, the morning is still in the process of breaking forth a new day

When Teddy opens her eyes, the morning is still in the process of breaking forth a new day. Sixteen days have done the opposite of fly by—throw in two extra, and she's yet to shed herself of Younghyun. All thoughts the rascal who kisses so damn well. All thoughts their last encounter at the basketball court with the setting sun (Teddy really loved the sunset that day). All thoughts the second kiss in particular, as memorable as the first, shared between the both of them, misunderstood than the first.

      She regrets every attending minute, spent playing the run-around with their ... talk, refusing to offer anything specific for an answer. The way stuff hammed up in the end, nothing stops Younghyun from supposing she enjoyed toying with him and where Teddy thought she was finally coming around, Younghyun was finalizing he'd had enough.

      'But we're almost there,' she had told him, not so sure herself. 'I'm done,' he had said, the perfect trigger to get her head out of her ass.

      But it was a second too late.

      Younghyun had added insult to injury when he gave a sardonic chuckle. 'No we're not.'

      'You know exactly what you want, except you're not ready to accept it. And frankly, Im, I'm not down for that shit. Not any longer.'

      Some unfathomable force proceeds to push Teddy out of bed that it surprises her. Burrito'd by a blanket, she heads out the door, shortly hoping she doesn't bump into Sungjin just yet. Her roommate had a visitor last night and she heard them, and considering it's never happened before (Sungjin is on the shy side, makes him come off noble that way), Teddy is reluctant to cross the bridge that is an awkward day ahead. Sungjin is probably in his room thinking the same thing. Regret is bound to set in, she knows.

      Teddy rolls into the hallway entry, stopping short at the dim noise of activity. Unfortunately it's too late. Her roommate has zeroed in on her weary form. She looks dead on her feet. His eyes are what is dead and they stare straight at her. Teddy's confusion is genuine, the reason her brows dip.

      'Morning,' Sungjin greets first, dully, nothing like the awkward boy she envisioned. He could sleep for centuries. 'You look better.'

      'And you're probably the worst I've ever seen you,' she says, full of truth. At four thirty a.m., Teddy realizes she gets to be honest while the crickets still intone their late-morning cricketlike tunes and the outside world is damp with dew. In the meantime, her roommate looks so bad that she feels sorry for him. Such an easy thing to do. Sungjin has a face that makes anyone feel bad for talking ill of him. Somewhat of the pushover kind. So, since he's seeming not to mind about the disgusting mewls of pleasure that permeated all through a long night from both he and his lover, she would try not to mind either. Maybe it's his own way of overcoming the embarrassment. Still, it's not as easy as it sounds. 'What happened? On second thought, don't tell me. I don't need the details of...' she juts a thumb towards the hallway, his room door is at the end of it, 'that.'