seven

you play games with me,
and I like it

•—•

When Teddy takes a seat and carries on scrutinizing the life-size doodle that is Jaehyung staring right back in white-rimmed glasses and a lollipop where a nicotined stick should have been, she wants to ask anyone: Who finally succeeded in turning...

When Teddy takes a seat and carries on scrutinizing the life-size doodle that is Jaehyung staring right back in white-rimmed glasses and a lollipop where a nicotined stick should have been, she wants to ask anyone: Who finally succeeded in turning Jaehyung's head? As for physical appearance, the tall and skinny hasn't changed much over the period he's been in California. Except the obvious fact that he's rehabbing now; who knows why. What had it taken to make Jaehyung realize cigarettes didn't make him look cool, but deteriorated him from the inside. Plus, he sports a blonde-blue hair now. It's a mess, but he makes it work.

      Nearly five years apart have felt like five centuries, yet somehow they swept by fast, and ever since the party last week, Don't Talk Much makes a hobby out of probing her love life. And Teddy has to believe that were things different from the start between them, where he reciprocated her feelings and they wooed each other until eventually, they billed and cooed, this conversation wouldn't exist. For maybe she might have enrolled at the Community College along with him. No Younghyun, no Wonpil, no Sungjin. However, there is something vague that conveys Younghyun's essentiality in her life running its course. So, the brunette would have happened either way. And whether she likes it or not, she must mull over a kiss shared behind a rundown shed.

      What on Earth took us there in the first place, she thinks.

      For as long as she has known him, Jaehyung has never been inclined to talk a great deal for any reason and not while she fought with an attraction towards him. Definitely not then. Lack of communication is ultimately an addendum to their blossomless rapport. Why everything stayed in check when they shared a silly truth or dare kiss at the peak of her teens and the early stages of his adulthood.

      Now, Jaehyung's intent stare gives off a keen reminder of something at the tip of her tongue she doesn't recall. The way he leans in a little too much makes her want to flee.

      Like it's never been clear before, Teddy now sees she might've preferred him much better when words were a scarcity for him.

      'So, how was it?'

      'How was what?' She asks. Teddy goes for unknowing and oblivious, pressing her palm flat on his chest to keep him at arm's length. She doesn't stop until his back hits the sofa, neither does she mind that she stood up to do so. If only it did something about that ridiculously amused look he wears like a medal. She hates how smug is snug for him. Thankfully, Jaehyung isn't feeling too stubborn and stays on the same spot.

      His teeth are in full bloom when he smiles, his thin eyes are almost impossible to view from this distance, nevertheless Teddy reads mischief loud and clear. Strange how it readily puts her on high alert. And, of course, she knows what he's talking about. It's not an inkling. Even though enraptured in the best kiss ever, she could've sworn still she saw a flash of neon green. How many people had worn conspicuous clothing to the bonfire?