Chapter 1. Nordics

The weather was cold. How strange. Even if the sun was shining bright in that afternoon, it still felt cold and wet outside.

A certain young boy was laying on his bed, reading a magazine. His hair was blond, it seemed white, almost matching his pale skin, a fringe falling on his forehead and to the sides of his face. His eyes looked like amethists, focused in some articles of the magazine.

A black bird rested besides him, nuzzling his beak into the boy's hair. "Mr. Puffin, stop! What are you doing?" The boy whispered to the bird, shaking his hand over his head to get the big beak away. He sat up on the bed, resting the magazine besides him. "Oh, are you hungry..?" He mumbled, getting up, carrying the puffin in his arms. He walked out his room slowly, not wanting to wake the others up. He was about to enter in the kitchen, when he heard a familiar call

-Hey, Ice! Where are you going? The boy with the bird flinched, lifting his finger to his lips

-S-Sealand! Be quiet, the others are sleeping. -Ice hissed quietly

-O-oh sorry...

-Don't worry -The boy sighed, smiling a bit- Here, help me find Mr. Puffin's food, okey?

-Yes, sir! -Sealand joked, lifting his hand up to his temple

The other boy, Sealand, was much younger and shorter than the puffin boy. His hair was blond too, but not as white as Iceland's. His big blue eyes shone under a pair of thick eyebrows.

The two boys looked through the counter for the puffin's food

-Wait here, Ice! I'll call my mom!

-No, Sea...! -The violet-eyed gasped, uselessly, watching as the kid ran to his parents' room, where they slept. He sighed as he could hear Sweden's deep voice, as well as Finland's sweet voice, coming out their room followed by their little white dog, Hanatamago.

-Ice~ Are you looking for your puffin's food?

-Uhm, yeah... -Ice replied, embarrased- Sorry Sea woke you two up...

-Don't worry!~ We weren't sleeping anyway...

Iceland widened his eyes, blushing a bit, glad that Sealand was young enough to don't get it. He watched how the Finnish grabbed a bag of bird's food from a cupboard

-Here~

-Thanks, Finny -He smiled a bit

-No prob!~

Iceland ruffled Sealand's hair, waving his hand to Sweden and Finland, before walking back to his room. He fed his bird, softly petting his feathers, as he leaned against the wall.

He sighed, looking outside the window. The clouds were covering the sky, making the sunlight paler.

He heard some footsteps in the house, followed by a loud yawn. Iceland sighed in annoyance, figuring out who could have awaken. He walked out of his room, with a straight face. Soon, a dark blond-haired man tackle-hugged him.

-What's up, Icey? -The Dane yelled, ruffling his hair.

The quiet boy whined, trying to get free.

-Denmark!! Get off! -Iceland attempted to push him away.

The Dane let him free. His blue eyes glowed playfully. His mid-long blond hair shook as he laughed, under Iceland's death glare.

-Don't be so harsh, Icey!

-I'm not harsh! -He growled- And for God's sake don't call me Icey...