Chapter 8. Sleepover

-W-What?! -Iceland exclaimed

The Cantonese ignored him, still staring at his oldest brother

-Hm... Yeah, I guess he can, aru. As long as Norway approves, of course.

A slightly smile tricked in Hong Kong's lips.

Iceland gripped his friend's long, red sleeve tightly. You could see his anger through his amethyst-colored eyes. His cheeks had a slightly pink dye.

-T-Thank you, China... -He muttered under his breath- I'll text Norway...

He faked a smile to the ponytailed man and practically dragged Hong Kong to his room.

He smiled, amused by Iceland's anger.

-What? Why didn't you tell me nothing?! -He blursted out, after closing the door

-Hm, it was like... A surprise? -He laid on his bed, leaving room for Iceland too.

-A surprise?! -He rushed to take his phone out of his pocket.

-Yeah... -He faked a frown- Don't you want to stay?

-U-Uhm i-it's not that...

He looked away. He felt guilty of being mad. Iceland sighed as his cheeks turned redder

-So?

-I'll text Norway, wait...

Hong Kong made his bed comfortable with some pillows, hiding a smile.

Iceland texted Norway. He really liked the idea of staying over at Hong Kong's house, but he just didn't know how to express it.

He waited a few minutes for an answer from Norway, wich was a yes.

Hong Kong grabbed the inflatable bed from his wardrobe and put it on the floor.

Outside the window, the deep purple sky turned darker and darker into black. The night had slowly come

♡~·~·*♡*·~·~♡

-So, what's with them?

-Yup ... They just keep making out in front of my and Sealand's virgin eyes...

-China and Japan are so shy with it in public...

-You lucky shit!

They laughed for a while.

Sharing their disgusts on their families made them feel much less miserable, plus, they just liked to talk about their families, though they denied it.

Mr. Puffin slept in a corner. There were empty cans and food bags on the floor. Iceland and Hong Kong were sitting on the inflatable mattress, surrounded by pillows and cushions.

Iceland was glad that Hong Kong invited him over. He was really having a good time.

He enjoyed joking and just talking with Hong Kong. He loved his smile, a smile that was very beautiful and special, due to his always stern expression.

His slightly tan skin looked even silkier under the bright, warm lights of his room, that made his dark hair shine.

That was Iceland's perfect picture of Hong Kong at the moment.

He couldn't help but blush a little at Hong Kong's aspect, trying not to look suspicious...

Wait... Suspicious?

Why would he look suspicious? He was just silently admiring a good friend, wasn't that normal?

Or... maybe he felt something more than... friendship for the Cantonese?