Chapter 7

Remy, Emilio, and James kept their kayaks close tgether in the water. Even though Remy was struggling to paddle (and of course the boys made fun of her for that) she was having fun.

They were getting ready to race each other and the punishment is: whoever loses has to go skinny dipping in the night.

"Ready" Remy set her paddle, getting ready.

"Set," Emilio positioned himself.

"Go!" James finished. All at once the trip raced. Remy stabbed her paddle in the water aggressively, pushing to get some speed.

She felt the tension in her shoulders build up and run down her back. James was in the lead. He effortlessly, sped up faster.

Emilio paddled fast but was behind James by a foot. Even though James was focused, he had to take one look at Emilio.

Janes stuck up his middle finger in Emilio's direction and yelled,
"Sucker!"

Emilio scrunched up his eyebrows, paddling vigorously. "I'm gonna beat you, fucker!" He hollered.

Remy witnessed all of this, bursting with laughter. She almost stopped paddling, trying to steady herself. She couldn't catch her breath steering along while laughing.

They were almost back to shore again so she pushed quickly. James was at the tip of the shore, hollering in achievement.

"Oh no you don't!" Emilio managed to get right near James. James turned around and impulsively rowed on. While they were contesting between two of them, none of them noticed Remy rowing in front of them.

Once she got to shore, she let out a big cheer. Immediately Remy got out of the kayak and hauled it onto the sand. The boys turned to her and groaned in unison.

They dragged their kayaks onto the shore. "You guys know what your punishment is right?"

James and Emilio crossed ther arms. "Tonight, y'all are going skinny dipping!" Remy cheered. Emilio rolled his eyes.

"Whatever I'm gonna go rock climbing. Its 5:15. Come on James." Emilio walked off. James waved bye to Remy and followed. Remy grinned and checked her phone again.

No response from her best friend. Remy hated double texting but she decided it wouldn't hurt. "Where are you" She typed. While she waited for a text, Remy skipped over to the bench near the shed.

It was about 5 minutes when Celeste texted back.
Celeste: I'll talk to you in a bit, I had a bad headache yesterday
Remy: Aww are you okay now?
Celeste: A little bit but it'll go away. We'll meet up during dinner okay?
Remy: Okay see you then.

Remy powered off her phone, pouting. She hope her friend was really okay. Celeste had a problem with saying she's fine but she wasn't. As Remy got up, someone was coming behind her.

She jumped up swiftly and came face to face with Dario. Remy gasped the covered her mouth, playing it off as a yawn. Dario didn't even acknowledge her presence as he sat on the bench.

His notebook and pen in hand. Dario opened the book and began writing. Remy couldn't make out the words. She narrowed her eyes.

It didn't even look english to her. Dario abruptly closed his notebook and glared at Remy.

"Are you seriously that nosy?" He asked, annoyed. Remy just shook her head. Of course she wasn't being exactly sly about it but she didn't expect him to actually speak to her.

"What language is that?" Remy pointed to the writing. Dario peeked at the book. He got up.

"Its latin. Not that you know any of it anyways." He snapped.

"You know latin? That's actually pretty cool." After she said that she could've sworn she saw the edge of his mouth curl up into a smile.

"Yeah whatever." He looked up at her. Remy couldn't help but notice that he was actually attractive. His curly dark hair was a nice touch to his bronze skin. Of course she would be the one to notice how cute a guy looks.

Plus she knew this guy may or may not have murdered his own mother. Not that any evidence was ever found.

"....... so can I have so peace and quiet?" Remy was lost in her thoughts, that she didn't pay attention to the beginning of the sentence.

"Sorry what was that?"

Dario sighed impatiently. "Now can you leave, so I can get some peace and quiet?" He repeated.

"Oh right." She started to walk away but not before he muttered something to her.

"I would keep an eye out on that girl if I were you." Dario went back to writing. Remy frowned looking back.

"Who?" She knitted her eyebrows.

"Nothing. Nevermind." He said, busy writing fast in his notebook.

Authors note:
Who was Dario talking about?
This chapter was kinda long but oh well