Chapter 10

Remy chased her friend out of the cafeteria.
"Wait! Celeste stop!" Remy realized Celeste was faster than she previously thought. After a few minutes Celeste ran into the woods.

Remy ran after her. Tree branches smacked at Remy's face, stinging. A stray trunk blocked her path, causing her to trip.

"Ow!" Remy whined clutching her knee. She examined her pained knee. There was a cut, blood already starting to manifest.

"Shit!" She yelled in frustration. Nonetheless she got back up and hunted for Celeste. Remy wondered what she said to make Celeste run. She was just a bit worried for her friend.

They were supposed to have the best summer. Instead Remy was in the woods, which she had no idea how to get back.
"Damn I have no way to get back." She realized.
                                   *****
2 hours later, Remy was officially lost. Her phone was on 3%. Quickly Remy dialed Emilio's number. Which ultimately ended in a voicemail. Remy groaned, rubbing her eyes. It was starting to get dark and no one knew where she was.

Or the fact that she was even missing. As she was clicking on google for any help, her phone froze. She knew what that meant. The apple logo brightened on her phone as it died.

Remy wanted to scream. Except she was determined to find her way back. Remy passed the same branch that smacked her face, (which smacked her again), and the log that obstructed her path. She leaned against a tree and cried.

"I just want to sleep," Remy sobbed. "I just want my freaking pillow dammit!"

Remy sighed then stood up. She understood if she gave up, she would be stuck. As she walked, she felt something crawling on her arm. Even though it was dark, she could make out a big shape of a bug.

She swatted at the creature. Remy had enough.
"UGH! I HATE MY LIFE!" She screeched.

"Quit screaming. We all do, join the club sweetheart." A voice replied, in the distance. Immediately relief washed over Remy. Despite the situation, she grinned.

"Thank God! Who are you? I lost my way" She looked around for the owner of the voice. The figure of the person walked in front of Remy.

She squinted, cupping her hand to her eyes. When she saw their face, she gasped at them.

"Dario?"

"The one and only" He flatly answered.
"And wait how do you know my name?" Dario asked. Then he paused.
"We're you stalking me or something?" He accuses her. She laughed at that.

"Me stalking you? Now why the hell would I do that? And by the way, my name is Remy." She introduced herself, extending her hand for a shake.

Dario didn't even bother to look at her hand.
"Alright." Remy awkwardly dropped her arm.
"Well why are you here? And in the night? Why aren't you in your cabin?" Without much light Remy could still tell he rolled his eyes.

"All these questions. Take a deep breath and follow me." He started walking off and Remy went along. Dario led her to a path she didn't think to take yet.

"How'd you find me?" Remy pressed on. Dario didn't answer, instead he was focused on remembering how to get back. Something flew past Remy which made her jump.

Instinctively she clutched Dario's arm. Without even pausing he gingerly pushed her off.
"It was just a stupid bird."
"Oh I knew that." Remy replied, embarrassed.

"Sure you did." Dario responded sarcastically. Remy could tell they were close to camp by the iridescent glimmer of lights in the distance.
"Look I know you won't answer this, but I really want to know." She hesitated.

"Who was the girl you said to keep an eye out on?"

Dario halted which almost made Remy crash into him.

"It doesn't matter, forget it." He walked on again. Remy didn't take that as an answer.

"Why'd you say it then?" Remy was perplexed.
"Just drop it!" Dario snapped at her. Remy stopped for a second, appalled. Remy knew he was hiding something important.

Though she let it go for now. She didn't him to think she was wiggling into his business.
Remy didn't realize they got back to camp until Dario went in a different direction.

Remy sighed thinking over everything that just happened in the last 3 hours. Her best friend ran away from her, she got lost, and Dario was hiding something important.

"This is going to a very interesting summer." She told herself, walking to her cabin.