Chapter 25

"Wait Lake is dead too?" Celeste practically shouted. Her heart rate quickened as she pondered back to all the times she shared with him.

"How could he not tell me?" She thought out loud. Out of the corner of her eye, she could tell Dior was holding in a chuckle.

"I don't even know why he wasted time being with you." Dior narrowed her eyes at Celeste.

"Dior, quit being crabby for a second! We're supposed to be explaining here." Tiara demanded.

Celeste frustratedly rubbed at her temples. There was about a million questions racking her brain. Dior dramatically let out a sigh.

The question came out sooner than Celeste realized, "How did I fight you then?" She aimed a finger at Dior.

The girls looked perplexed for a few seconds. Celeste impatiently waited for a response.

"Oh" Janet snapped her fingers as if she just comprehended what Celeste meant.

"We're interactive ghosts. It means we can still touch people and things. Except it's kinda tricky. Only a select amount of people can see us." She finished.

Celeste pursed her lips, trying to come up with another unanswered question.

"Is that how I kissed Lake then?" Celeste asked them. Mel nodded.

Though instantly after she asked, Dior's cheeks turned crimson red. She shot up, gritting her teeth.

"You kissed Lake?" It wasn't a question. It was an accusation.

Celeste bit her lip, regretting even bringing him up.

"Um yeah we're dating now-" She was cut  short by a high pitched screech.

"Why are you dating my ex? You don't deserve him!" Dior fired an icy glare Celeste's way.

At first Celeste almost felt bad. She never intended to date a friend's ex. Even if Dior wasn't necessarily her friend whatsoever. Then she acknowledged all the things Dior has said to her and didn't feel any remorse.

A dark smile loomed on Celeste's lips.

"He dated you?" She tried to hold back a cackle but was unsuccessful. "Whoever dated you needs to check in to a mental hospital."

Dior let out an inaudible growl.

Celeste went on, gaining an ounce of confidence, "And all you do is growl. I swear you should've been born a dog. You need to be put on a leash."

Tiara let out a low whistle. Mel placed a hand over her mouth, slightly shaking with laughter. Janet grinned widely but stopped when Dior scowled at her.

"Oh shut your mouth. You're coming at me for a boy who's 20 years older than you."

Celeste's smile slowly faded. She didn't realize that he technically was way older than her. But ghosts didn't age right?

"Wait" Celeste faced the other roommates. "He's still 17 right? Ghosts are dead and therefore doesn't get older?"

Tiara scratched her chin. "Yeah he's still 17."

"So it's totally legal." Mel reassured Celeste.

"Good." A sense of relief washed over Celeste. She thought it would be a bit awkward to directly ask Lake. Suddenly Dior headed to the door.

"I need some air. Away from that." She eyed Celeste, slamming the door shut. Celeste clenched her fist. Sometimes she fantasized about hitting Dior again.

Once she left, a loud thud echoed under the bunk bed. In unison they all leaped off the surface. Celeste tensely peered at the others. An uneasy silence disseminated across the room.

Tiara nudged Mel's elbow motioning her to move closer. Mel vehemently shook her head no. Janet rose an eyebrow at Celeste. Celeste swallowed a thick lump lodged in her throat.

"No, you check!" She whisper-yelled to her.

Janet took a tentative step forward. The girls watched her. Gingerly, she lifted the light blanket covering the edge of the bed. A figure emerged making her scream.

The rest of the girls were wide eyed as the person slowly rose from the hiding spot.

Something silver glinted in the figure's palm. A knife. Celeste gasped, quickly covering her mouth.

"Don't fucking move." The voice sharply ordered.

Authors Note:
Oop who could it be?