4: First Practice

Ricky POV

It's finally time for basketball practice. I am very excited even though the coach is protective of his daughter. I got changed into my practice clothes and went to the gym to warm up.

I saw all the guys there and we went to shoot some hoops. Then coach came in. I'm guessing he was talking to Nini because she came in right after.

"Hey guys come huddle up." We all went around to coach cause he was probably gonna talk about random stuff. I was barely listening to him cause I was staring at Nini. She was looking at me too. I heard coach say something about Nini.

"If any of you even think of dating my daughter, you will be off the team. I'm looking at you Ricky."

"W-What? I wasn't looking at her." I looked back at coach trying not to smile or blush. I ended up looking at her all of practice.

Nini POV

My dad just embarrassed me in front of  the entire basketball team. Instead of watching practice I just did some homework. After practice was done i didn't see my dad, I looked in his office and he wasn't there either. I went to grab my phone to see if he texted but it wasn't there.

I went back to the gym but ran into someone and got knocked down.

"Wow, two times in one day Nina." Ricky said as he pulled me up off the ground.

"Well you seem to be attracted to me." I smirked at him.

"Yeah, I very much am. By the way, I think you dropped this." He was holding my phone while stepping closer.

"Thank you." I tried grabbing it but he pulled it away. "Give me my phone."

"Okay." He put his arms around my waist and just held them there for a while. Then he put my phone in my back pocket. He left his hands on my butt for a little bit while we were just staring at each other.

My phone vibrated. I grabbed it.

"It's my dad. He said that he went home cause he isn't feeling well. I need to walk home. But we live like 20 minutes away that's gonna take forever. Guess I better start walking." I started walking away but was pulled back by Ricky.

"I'll give you a ride." He held my waist. Our faces were so close to each other. "You coming." He said against my lips. Then he moved away leaving me breathing heavily. "You coming?" He asked again.

"Y-Yeah." We started walking to his car. We got there and he started driving me to my house. "Drop me off a block away, so he doesn't wonder who I got a ride from." He nodded.

While we were driving he put his hand on my thigh.

"W-What are you doing?"

"My hand wasn't comfortable where it was before. Is it okay if I keep it here?"

Say no, say no.

"Y-Yeah." Why did you say yes, idiot. I zoned out for the rest of the drive.

"Nini? Did you here me?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said we're here. We are a block away from your house."

"O-Oh, thank you."

"Anything for a pretty girl like you." He squeezed my thigh. I tried so hard not to moan but a little one came out. I saw him smirking.

"O-Okay I-I better g-go." He unlocked the car. I got out. "So when's our date this weekend?"

"I'll tell you at school tomorrow. I need time to plan. Give me your phone." I gave him my phone and he gave me his. We exchanged numbers.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." I started walking away. I got home and saw dad laying down on the couch.

"How you feeling dad?"

"I'm okay, don't think I'll be able to go to school tomorrow."

"Really? How am I supposed to get to school? I don't want you to be out of the house if you aren't feeling well."

"Do you have a friend that you can ask? Someone that's not a boy? Mom will be at work early every morning"

"Yeah I do. Okay I'll make dinner for you." He nodded looking back at the tv.

I went into the kitchen to make soup for us. I grabbed my phone to text Ricky.

Nini❤️
Hey

Ricky😍
What's up?

Nini❤️
Can you send me Gina's number?

Ricky😍
Sure, but why?

Nini❤️
Because I need someone to take me to school tomorrow and it can't be a boy

Ricky😍
Here it is (Insert phone number here)

Nini❤️
Thank you so much

Ricky😍
Of Course

I started texting Gina.

Nini🤣
Hey Gina, it's Nini. Remember, Ricky's friend

Gina🤪
Hey Nini, I remember. What's up?

Nini🤣
Can you give me a ride tomorrow? My dad is sick and can't take me.

Gina🤪
Of course, what's your address?

Nini🤣
Thank you so much (Insert address here)

Gina🤪
No problem, I'll be there at about 8:30 (A/N School starts at 9:00)

Nini🤣
Thanks

I finished texting them and continued making soup. Once I finished we ate in the living room. After that I went up to my room. I did my night routine and went to bed.
____________________________
Part 4