8: Ignoring

Ricky POV

Today's the day I start ignoring Nini. I don't know how I'm gonna do it. I have her in every class. I got ready for the day and went to school. I saw Nini at the door. I think she was waiting for me.

"Hey Ricky, what were you gonna tell me?" I just walked right past her. I walked to my locker and she followed me asking things like, why are you ignoring me? or are you mad at me? or did I do something wrong? It's so hard not to talk to her.

I was closing my locker when I saw her dad walk by. She was still trying to talk to me.

"Nini just leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you right now." I tried to make it sound believable. As her dad was walking by I pointed my head towards her dad so she would get the hint.

She understood what I meant and played along.

"Why are you acting so mean? I'm just trying to talk to you. You know what, I don't care. Never talk to me again." She walked away.

Right after she walked away I got a text.

Nini
Why are you doing this?

Ricky
You're dad is telling me to stay away from you

Nini
Why?

Ricky
He doesn't want you to get hurt. But don't worry, we just can't hangout during school.

Nini
If we are gonna hangout I'll just say I'm staying at Gina's

Ricky
Okay, soooo tomorrows Friday. Wanna go on a date with me?

Nini
Of course! Where are we going?

Ricky
No no no. I'm not gonna tell you

Nini
Okay fine. We should go to class now. We are gonna be late. Can't wait to see you in class😍

Ricky
See ya😍❤️😍

Nini POV

I walked into class and immediately saw Ricky. The teacher wasn't here yet so I was wondering if he was sick. I sit by Ricky in this class so we were talking.

My dad walked in. I was so confused but I instantly stopped talking to Ricky before he saw. I texted Ricky.

Nini
My dads the substitute so we can't talk. We have to act mad at each other.

Ricky
That's gonna be really hard. Specially not looking at your beautiful face. And your perfect body. 😉

Nini
Oh shut it

Ricky
Talk after class?

Nini
Yup

I started listening to my dad talking. He was talking about our assignment. It was so boring. Class finally ended and I went threw 3 more periods not talking to Ricky. I missed him so much.

It's now lunch and I'm sitting by Ricky and Gina. Rickys arm is around me and my head is on his chest. I looked up at him because I felt eyes on me. Of course it was him looking at me.

"What are you looking at?" I asked him.

"Just the most beautiful girl in the world." I started blushing. "You know, blushing makes you even more beautiful. You should do it more often." That's made me blush even more.

I heard the cafeteria doors open and saw my dad walk in. I quickly got out of Rickys arms and limited to my dad, who was now in the lunch line.

I switched spots with Gina and started talking "bad" about Ricky when he was walking over to me.

"I don't get what's wrong with him, he just started ignoring me. He's probably like all the other guys, a pain in the a-"

"Hey Nini."

"Oh, hey dad. What's up?"

"Just checking up on you. How have you been?"

"Not that great."

"Really why?" I pointed to Ricky, who was giving me dirty looks. "What did he do?"

"He just started ignoring me out of nowhere. It really hurt, like a lot."

"Oh I'm sorry, I wonder why. Anyways, I got to go." He started walking away when I stopped him.

"Dad, wait!" He turned back around. "Can I stay at Gina's tomorrow night? We were gonna have a movie night to try and comfort me after what happened with Ricky."

"Of course honey." He put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm glad you're making friends." He smiled before walking away. Yeah friends.

I walked back to my table and switched with Gina. I went back into Rickys arms. He gave me a kiss on the cheek. I think I'm falling in love.