Distract Phantom Infinite

(Reader's P.O.V.)

"I've already decided! Zero I might have lied to you before... I'm actually in love with Phantom Infinite!" I make a small signal for Zero to understand my true intentions. He nods and plays along, putting on a hurt expression. "T-Truly? You mean this whole time, you were tricking him?" "Of course I was, I only love you!" I put on this over-the-top, fake lovey-dovey act as Zero closes in from behind. "I wish I could kiss you but, with me stuck in this box I can't even touch you!" The Phantom takes the bait and dispels the box around me. Zero unable to stand from the pain he had earlier falls to the ground, dropping his sword. On the fly, I quickly grab the sword and launch at Phantom Infinite. His gem shatters. "J-Jewel... why? I thought you... Ah... I see now... This was the trick... I suppose it's a fitting end... At least I can die happy knowing it was at the hand of the woman I love... Zero, you... You better treat her like the jewel she is or I... Or I'll find a way to come back and punish you..." The Phantom and his illusions fade away. Without thinking, I tackle Zero in a hug. "I can't believe I just did that!" "I... can't believe... it... either... Now can you get... off so I can... breath," he wheezes. "Sorry..."

*Six years later*

(Sonic's P.O.V.)

"How did I end up getting stuck babysitting?!" Tails laughs beside me as little Gizmo tries to climb in my lap. She's a (H/C) furred jackal with too much energy. She could practically run circles around me! "Relax, Sonic. Zero and (Y/N) just wanted us to watch her for a few minutes. Honestly, it's not that bad." "Not that bad? The kid could outrun me in a marathon! She has that much energy." I hear (Y/N) laugh as she enters Tails' workshop. "Then I guess in a few years you'll be out of a job. How was she?" "Too high energy. Her hyper-activeness makes me look lazy by comparison. Where's Infinite?" "He didn't want to come in. Said you'd talk his ear off again for marrying me." "All I'm saying is he should treat you like a princess." "And speaking of princess..." Bounding down the stairs is the blue and yellow-eyed tyrant who basically ran the house today. "Mommy! Sonic and me had a race and I won!" She jumps into her mother's arms and I can't help but laugh. Maybe being an uncle won't be too bad. At least the war is over.

Freedom Ending