2

everyone in alexandria awoke and started to do
                                  jobs.

negan knocked on carl's door. "carl get up we have to clean your eye." negan shouted slightly.
carl groaned before putting some jeans and a shirt on. he opened his door. "where's my dad?" he asked the man.

"he went on a run and won't be back for a few days." negan explained to the boy and noticed the concern in his eyes. "he'll be okay. dwight and simon went with him." negan said calmly.

carl nodded in response. he knew dwight and simon would make sure his dad came back alive but he still worried. he walked into the bathroom and sat on the counter. negan took carl's bandage off.

carl let out a yelp when negan started to clean around his scar. negan wrapped a new bandage over it and clapped his hands when it was done. "you didn't try to slap me this time! i'm fucking proud kid." negan said with a chuckle.

carl rolled his eye and chuckled. "can you go ask carol what she's making for breakfast?" carl asked. "yeah sure but you have to go check on judith." negan said before leaving the bathroom.

carl was about to walk into judith's room until he heard a car. he rushed downstairs and ran outside to see his dad drive through the gates. he ran towards the car as he saw dwight and rick step out.

he knew exactly what that meant. he fell to the ground and cried. he even screamed. rick sighed as he watched his son cry. "we got his body so we can have a funeral for him." rick told his son.

carl just sobbed more when he saw his dad go back to get simon's body with dwight. 10k was rushing towards the gates since he had heard screams. he saw carl crying and screaming still. he knelt down and wrapped his arms around the boy.

carl sobbed into 10k's shoulder so he wouldn't have to see simon's body. "it's not fair! he was a good man!" carl kept repeating as he sobbed more. 10k just hugged the boy tighter.

everyone finally rushed outside and saw a crying carl. negan ran towards carl and 10k. "what happened?" negan asked the boys. carl couldn't reply and just continued to cry. "i think someone died.." 10k said lowly.

negan sighed. "come on buddy you need to get up and tell me who it is." he said to carl. carl tried to stand up but struggled. 10k helped him up and stayed next to him. "it... it was.. it was simon." carl finally spat out between his cries.

negan let out a few tears himself. he hugged carl tightly. "i know you guys were good friends." negan said softly as he held the crying boy. "he didn't deserve this." was all carl could say.

after an hour they had the funeral and carl was crying the whole time. a few people left but carl, ron, tara, rosita, rick, negan, michonne, daryl, dwight, 10k, addy, doc and carol stayed. carl looked at the grave again and fell to his knees once again.

he cried even harder. rick tried to hug his son but was pushed away by a crying carl. "just leave me the fuck alone!" carl screamed at his dad. rick sighed and walked away with, michonne, carol, negan, ron, addy and doc.

rosita hugged the crying boy along with the rest of the small group. "so you slap rick away but not us?" rosita asked with a quiet chuckle. "i don't want to be around him right now." was all carl said.

everyone knew what that meant. carl would end up snapping at his dad and he didn't want that. "why don't you stay with me for the night?" rosita suggested to her friend.

carl nodded. "can we go now?" carl asked lowly. rosita nodded and stood up with carl. the boy grabbed her hand as they walked to her place after saying bye to everyone.

once night hit alexandria carl and rosita were cuddling each other in her bed. "nobody else understands what it's like except for you." he said as he looked at her. "we've both lost so many people but i know abe and simon would want us to be strong." rosita said softly.

rosita understood simon helped carl with almost everything since his dad was always busy with alexandria and other stuff. she felt bad for carl. he had to go to simon and negan for stuff because his dad was busy every fucking day. she didn't understand why rick couldn't just spend one day with his son.

carl sighed. "i love you rosita." he said softly before snuggling into her a little. she smiled. "i love you too cowboy." she replied in a sweet tone. rosita soon fell asleep with carl still wide awake in her arms.

carl knew some people thought he had a crush on rosita but that really wasn't the case. they were just best friends and understood each other perfectly. he knew he could trust her with anything and she was the only one who didn't baby him when he lost his eye.

after a few minutes of thinking he fell asleep in his best friend's arms and smiled in his sleep as he dreamt about the time simon cooked pancakes one morning.

———————————————-

author's note: fuck yall i'm making carl poppa and rosita best friends. and yes simon was like a dad to carl cs rick is always fucking busy with wars and alexandria 😡 10k and carl will eventually become homosexual together dw dw :)