6

it had now been a week since rick's death and the only people that carl would let in were doc,
addy and 10k since he was living with them.

carl hadn't been eating and cried himself to sleep a lot. 10k would try his best to take care of carl but struggled since he still had jobs to do. doc couldn't do much since he was now the doctor of alexandria. addy would try but she mainly had to go on runs.

it had now been two weeks and carl still refused to eat. he finally went on a walk around alexandria. enid saw carl and ran up to him. "hey carl!" enid said softly. carl just kept walking.

enid stopped carl and pushed him slightly. "why are you ignoring everyone? why are you ignoring me? i thought we were best friends." she said as she stared at him.

carl tried to keep walking but she pushed him over. carl was weak since he hadn't eaten so it hurt him a little more. he yelped in pain. she stood over him with anger written all over her face.

luckily addy saw and ran over to them. "hey carl doc said he needs our help with that thing." addy said quickly as she helped carl up and ran away with him.

"thank you for getting me out of that." he said lowly. "don't mention it. why was she so angry though?" addy asked. "i don't know. she gets angry when i'm distant." he just shrugged.

"so you've been like this before?" she asked. "yeah a few times now.. i guess i'm just bad at dealing with stuff but i'll be fine." he said quickly before running into the house.

addy just sighed. she headed to michonne's place and called a meeting. addy sat around the table with michonne, 10k, doc, ron, carol, heath, daryl, dwight, maggie, glenn, tara, rosita, magna, arron and negan.

addy sighed before speaking up. "carl isn't doing well at all and enid is becoming violent with him. i'm concerned about his heath and mental health. i'm also very concerned about his safety after what i saw." she explained to the group.

"what did she do to him?" maggie asked as anger took over her voice. "she pushed him but he tried to keep walking so she pushed him to the ground and since he hasn't been eating it probably hurt him a lot." addy explained.

glenn got lost in his thoughts after he had heard it. glenn thought about it and realised how much carl had lost. beth, sophia, lori, simon, t-dog, rick, abe, patrick and so many others. glenn then realised carl now has no parents. sure he had michonne but she was mainly taking care of judith now.

glenn spoke up. "are we ignoring the fact that carl has now lost both of his parents? and he had to kill his mother?" he asked the group. they all realised the hadn't thought about that.

"what if someone adopted him.. it wouldn't be the same of course but he's only 16 so it could help him slightly. make him feel loved you know?" maggie suggested.

everyone thought about it before nodding in agreement with maggie. "so who's gonna do it?" ron asked. "we could do a vote since a lot of us would like to do it." negan suggested.

"alright we each write down two names. it can be two girls or two guys." daryl stated before writing his own name down along with rosita's.

soon they all read the votes out. "it looks like it's between maggie and glenn and negan and rosita." dwight said. "look i'd be happy to adopt him but i don't know if i could." negan said.

"well that means it would either be daryl and rosita or magna and rosita." dwight explained. "we need to vote on it now. hands up for rosita and daryl/magna." dwight said before putting his hand up.

rosita, magna, daryl and heath put a hand up. "hands up for maggie and glenn." maggie, glenn, ron, negan and michonne put a hand up.
"carol? 10k? addy? doc? arron? tara?" negan asked.

tara shrugged. "rosita i guess." "uh maggie and glenn." addy said. "maggie and glenn.." arron said. "i'm gonna have to go with rosita." 10k said. "i honestly don't care as long as that boy gets some happiness for once." was all carol said. "man i don't know." doc said.

michonne thought about it for a minute. "this is kinda weird isn't it. we're voting to see who's going to parent him with maggie and glenn are the only couple here." michonne stated.

"i think it's best if we do it. i was with him when lori died and i know how to deal with it." maggie said. rosita nodded. "i agree. it's better if we're here for him as friends/family not parents." she states in a soft tone.

"he'll move in with us if that's okay with you michonne." glenn said. "of course it is. his stuff is at doc's house." she said with a smile.

"what about the enid thing?" 10k asked. "we keep an eye on her." arron spoke us. "if she hurts him again i'll kill her." was all magna said before walking upstairs.

————————————————-

author's note: yuhhhhhhhhhhh glenn and maggie are adopting babie carl. negan will still be like a father to carl but so will glenn. michonne and maggie will be like mothers to him. judith will stay with michonne doe cs yuh why not. anyways rip rick grimes. u stupid cowboy :))