3 oh yayaya

it had been four days since simon had died and
          carl was still at rosita's place.

he hadn't been outside at all and he hadn't eaten anything. rosita grew more concerned as the days went on. "i don't know what to do with him." rosita said as she looked at rick.

"well glenn and maggie just got back and they seem to be able to take care of him without him pushing them away." rick suggested to the girl. "rick you aren't listening to me! he's not pushing me away for fuck sake!" she shouted slightly and slammed her fists down on the table.

"he's fucking lost himself rick! he cries himself to sleep in my arms and doesn't fucking eat!" she said slightly loud. this caused daryl and michonne to sit at the table with them.

soon maggie and glenn sat at the table and rosita explained everything to them. "so he hasn't eaten for four days and just cries?" glenn questioned concerned. "yeah.. i've tried to feed him but he just cries even more and well.. he doesn't know i saw this but i saw some cuts of his wrist this morning." she told them.

rick looked shocked. "he's been cutting himself!?" "yeah and one night i heard him talking in his sleep. he kept saying he was sorry he couldn't save someone and i think it was about simon or possibly lori.." rosita said.

"or maybe it was about both. he blamed himself for lori's death and felt horrible for days. i wouldn't been surprised if this triggered those memories." maggie said to the small group. "it is very possible." daryl said in agreement.

glenn sighed. "maybe we should bring him back here and just try to keep someone with him at all times." he suggested. everyone nodded in agreement.

"me and glenn will take the first shift if someone can go get him for us. i'll make some soup." maggie said softly. "i'll go get him but someone needs to tell ron and negan and then everyone else." daryl stated as he stood up.

"me and rick will go tell everyone and see if they want to take shifts." michonne said as she walked out the house with rick. daryl soon walked into rosita's bedroom and saw carl under the covers.

"hey bud." daryl said softly as he walked closer to the bed. "it's time for you to go home." daryl explained to the boy. carl tried to stand on his own but struggled since he hadn't eaten for days nor drank.

daryl helped him walk and they finally got to the house. daryl walked him upstairs and left after that. glenn made his way up the stairs and into carl's room. "hey cowboy." glenn said with a smile.

carl's face lit up for once and hugged glenn tightly. "is maggie here?" he asked as they pulled apart after a few minutes. "yeah she's downstairs making soup." glenn said softly.

maggie soon walked into the room with soup and water. carl tried to refuse it but maggie ended up feeding him. deep down inside of maggie she slightly hated rick. he never tried to understand his son blamed himself for everyone's death and took care of everyone.

once maggie had made carl finish the soup she handed him the water. "you should go take a shower and then let me clean up that eye." maggie suggested to the boy. carl just nodded.

once carl was finished showering and had changed into clean clothes maggie cleaned up his eye. they walked back into his room and played some video games. eventually carl fell asleep so maggie and glenn tucked him in.

they walked downstairs and sat at the table. maggie sighed. "i hate how rick doesn't understand how bad carl's mental health really is." maggie said. glenn nodded.

"i know rick loves carl but he needs to take care of carl more and realise carl blames himself for almost everything." glenn stated with a small sigh.

"maybe we should talk to the others and see if we can get rick to take time off." maggie suggested. "thats a great idea mags. i'll go get everyone."

soon michonne, glenn, carol, daryl, dwight, negan, tara, rosita, heath, ron, doc, addy, 10k, maggie and enid sat around the table. "so what is this meeting about?" tara asked.

glenn spoke up. "we think rick needs to take some time off and spend time with carl since we all know how carl is at the moment." glenn explained.

they all nodded in agreement. "since we're talking about carl.. a week ago i saw him climbing outside the walls so i followed him and saw him talking to someone." enid said to the group.

everyone looked at her with shock. "did you see who it was?" maggie asked. "sadly no but it went on for about 30 minutes and they hugged at one point." enid said.

"we need to see if it happens again. nobody do anything with him tomorrow and follow him if he goes over the walls." michonne told everyone. they all nodded before leaving.

10k however stayed behind and walked into carl's room to find the boy sleeping. he quickly kissed carl's forehead before leaving the house.

——————————————————-

author's note: shitttt who was carl talking to and what the fuck is gon happen dwag 👁👄👁