14

carl woke henry and headed downstairs. he walked into the kitchen and smiled at maggie.

"morning honey. got any plans today?" she asked as she poured some orange juice into a glass for him. "i was thinking about holding a meeting and seeing if anyone wants to come with me to look for people." carl said.

"i'm sure glenn will go with you." she said softly and started to put breakfast on plates. henry and glenn sat down at the table. "henry are you coming to the meeting?" carl asked as he put his plate in the sink. "yeah sure."

glenn, carl and henry gathered doc, addy, heath, carol, tobin, frank, merle, magna, rosita, daryl, tara, 10k, ron, becky, dwight and negan. they all sat at the table before carl spoke up. "i'm going to go look for people so i need to know who's coming."

rosita, daryl, glenn, 10k, magna and henry agree to going. "heath and i want to go on a run." becky says with a smile. "alright that's fine. i want negan, michonne, dwight and maggie in charge. tara i want you and doc to do some check ups on the kids and maggie and michonne." carl explains.

"i want to come with yall." merle says as he stands up. carl and daryl exchange a look before carl speaks up. "if you come with us you play nice and do what daryl says." carl tells him before grabbing his crutches and going to get ready.

maggie tells them to be safe and hugs them goodbye. they all get into a small truck. soon the pull over and carl rushes towards screams. magna and rosita are following behind. the three of them kill a small group of walkers.

they find two people. one was a black haired boy and the other was a blonde girl. "10k?" the blonde girl asks before the kids run and hug him. "5k! lucy!" he says as he hugs them back.

"alright hate to break this up but we need to leave before we run into serious trouble." daryl states. they all walk back to the truck and drive to alexandria.

once they drive through the gates they all get out. rosita helps carl and magna grabs his crutches. they all sat down at the table. "put a hand up if you want the kids to stay." carl says before putting his hand up. everyone else did.

"they can stay with 10k, addy and doc since they all know each other." carl said as he told 10k to take them to his house. "now i don't know about you guys but i saw some walkers running away." carl says.

merle nods. "one had a knife. something is going on out there and we should get ready." he states. "i agree with merle. something isn't right." carl says before getting up. "we need someone on watch 24/7 and we need to make sure everything is safe." he says before walking out.

glenn and henry follow him. "we can't risk any people. we start training everyone tomorrow and only a few people can go on runs." carl says to the pair. "when ezekiel visits i want maggie and me to speak with him about this." carl says as he opens the house door and steps inside.

after eating dinner. they explain everything to maggie and tell her she can't go outside the walls or let michonne go out. maggie and carl clean up and share a few jokes. they all sit down in the living room. magna runs in and gets carl.

maggie, glenn and henry run after them to see a brunette girl with heath and becky. carl steps closer to the girl and stares at her. "tell me your name before i kill you." carl said in a harsh tone.

"....lydia." was all she said. carl scoffed. "why did you bring her back?" he asks as he turns his attention to the pair. "i'm sorry carl i didn't see the mask until we got here.." heath explained. carl sighed. "take becky and go rest up. i'll deal with her." he ordered. heath and becky listened.

"i know it was you that i saw running away. you know that i can kill everyone you know so why come here?" carl questioned. "i wanted to get away. my group isn't good." she explained with a sigh. "i'm sorry but i need you to tell me more."

lydia explained everything and even told him about alpha. "you can stay in alexandria. but you have to stay with me and my family."

they walk out of the room and carl nods at his friends. "she'll have to share a room with me for now until we can trust her completely but she did give me some information. we'll talk about it tomorrow." he tells them. magna nods and walks off with rosita. daryl follows carl and lydia.

the three of them walk inside and say hi to maggie and glenn. carl explains to them what's going on and they just nod. "daryl i need you and merle to help me with training tomorrow." carl says. "alright we'll start at 8." daryl says before walking out.