77777777777

carl had now been living with maggie and glenn for 2 days. he didn't really know how to
               feel about all of it just yet.

carl walked down the stairs and sat at the table. "morning honey." maggie said with a smile. "morning." he said with a small smile. "you going to see rosita today? she misses you a lot." glenn said. carl sighed as he ate some toast.

"i don't know if i can face anyone else yet. it's hard still." carl said which caused maggie to pat him on the back. "she can come here so nobody else tries to talk to you." she suggested.

"will one of you go get her for me?" he asked as he finished his breakfast. "of course. we'll go get her." glenn said in a sweet tone. maggie nodded in agreement as they stood up.

they soon came back with rosita. they headed back to the door. "we'll be back later. bye sweetie!" maggie stated as they walked out the door again. carl ran into rosita's arms. "i missed you kid." she said softly.

"i missed you too. how is everyone?" he asked as they pulled apart so they could sit on the couch. "everyone's good. magna and 10k miss you a lot." she said softly.

carl sighed. "i'll see them tomorrow but right now i just wanna watch movies and cuddle you."

—————————————————————

carl had visited his friends. he was currently heading to the meeting. he stood next to magna as michonne explained they'd be voting on a new leader.

almost everyone voted for carl. michonne called carl up and he smiled at everyone. "i promise i won't you you guys down and i'll try my very best. but before i do anything else i need to pick three people to help run this place." carl said.

everyone looked at each other with excitement wondering who he'd pick. "the first person i'm picking is rosita." he said with a wide smile. she ran up and hugged him tightly.

"the last two people i'm picking are magna and daryl." he said. they four of them soon hugged and everyone cheered. "now i'll need someone to help me with all the plans so i'm picking maggie for that job."

maggie smiled and carl smiled back at her. "we'll need some people to take turns in the guard tower so would anyone like to volunteer?" he asked the crowd.

heath and a few others volunteered for the job. "i'm putting glenn in charge of the runs. and carol in charge of the gardening. negan and dwight will be in charge of the guns and food." he explained before slowly stepping down.

everyone returned to whatever they were doing before the meeting. carl walked back home with glenn and maggie. they soon got inside and hugged carl. "we're so proud of you!" maggie said excitedly.

"i know this might be soon but i think i'm ready to call you mom and dad." carl said with a smile. they both smiled back at the boy. "we'd love that." glenn said happily.

they all sat down and put on a disney movie. glenn once again got lost in his thoughts. he was so glad carl was finally happy again. he'd known the boy from the start and felt bad for him. carl and glenn had always been pretty close so it didn't surprise him when he felt like carl was a son to him. glenn and daryl were always taking care of carl since lori was busy with shane.

glenn was snapped out of his thoughts when he saw maggie and carl heading to the kitchen. he noticed they were making cookies like carol does. "oh my god this day just keeps getting better and better!" glenn said in a childish tone.

maggie and carl laughed at glenn. they put the cookies in the oven and waited for them to finish. once they were done they gave glenn the first one. "YUM!" glenn shouted as he bit into the cookie again.

maggie and carl couldn't stop laughing at glenn. they soon tried a cookie each and and understood why glenn was basically moaning.

"we should make some more for everyone." carl suggested. so that's what they did. the three of them baked enough cookies for everyone in alexandria and handed them out.

———————————————————————-

author's note: yes ma'am i am forgetting about negan and carl's father son relationship. i decided it would just be glenn and carl having a father son relationship now. since yk glenn and maggie did adopt carl. it doesn't make sense since michonne still has judith but like yeah. basically glenn and maggie have always thought of carl as a son and have helped him through a lot and michonne didn't have enough time for carl since she's got judith and she's pregnant with rick's child. so maggie was like: yuhhh we'll take him ☺️