12

10k would visit everyday. doc felt bad for 10k.
      but never said anything until today.

"hey kid." doc said with a smile. "hi doc. do you think he'll wake up soon?" 10k asks. "i'm honestly not sure. he's a weird one." doc said which caused 10k to laugh a little.

rosita had already had her shift so it was daryl's turn. he sat down next to carl and sighed. "we really need you to wake up kid. judith misses you. we all miss you." he said as he grabbed carl's hand.

carl squeezed it before opening his eyes slowly. "d-daryl?" carl asked. daryl shot up and hugged the boy tightly. "oh jesus kid! we thought you were gonna leave us."

"i wouldn't do that to maggie and glenn. i wouldn't do it to any of you." he said with a weak smile. "where's enid?" he questioned. "i shot her carl. she's dead and we buried her." daryl explained.

"can you go get everyone? and make sure to bring judith." carl requests. daryl comes back with everyone after a few minutes. michonne is holding judith in her arms. rosita rushed over to carl and hugged him. "i thought you were going to die." she whispered.

they stayed in a hug for a few minutes before magna joined in. "i promise i'm not leaving you guys any time soon." carl told his friends as they kept hugging him. soon everyone had hugged him. maggie and glenn kept kissing his cheeks and forehead. "can i hold judith?" he asked michonne.

she nodded and handed judith over to carl. carl smiled at his little sister. "i'd like to go outside." he said before handing judith back to michonne so he could get up.

carl tried to stand up but almost fell. daryl caught him in time. "how am i gonna walk?" carl asked doc. "we can get you some crutches made but they won't be ready until tomorrow. for now someone will just have to help you." doc explained.

daryl stood one side of carl and rosita stood on the other. they helped him walk around alexandria. "i want to see it. i want to see her grave." he said to them. they brung him to the graves. they walked him over to enid's grave.

"you were a good person enid. i'll never forget you. you get to rest now." he whispered as he looked at her grave. after that carl requested to visit simon's and then rick's. they walked over to rick's grave and looked at it.

"maggie is pregnant and so is michonne. me and 10k are kinda together and everyone still misses you everyday. i saw morgan.. he said you were a good man and he seems to be happy." carl spoke to the grave as a few tears fell down.

daryl and rosita hugged him. "let's get you home." rosita said softly. they walked him to his house and handed him over to glenn.

rosita felt bad for carl. he never got a break and always had to be strong for everyone. she knew it would only get worse before it got better. she also started to notice that daryl always tried to stick by carl's side. she knew daryl and glenn had always taken care of carl and rick made them promise to keep him safe if he ever died.

daryl couldn't help but feel guilty. if he had shot enid sooner carl would be able to walk and have fun again. he promised rick he'd keep carl safe and he broke that promise. he knew glenn and maggie were also taking care of him but daryl just felt like he should be doing more.

glenn helped carl to the couch. "do you want anything?" glenn asked the boy. "could i have some water?" carl asked with a smile. glenn nodded and got him a glass of water.

the two of them sat at the couch watching disney movies. suddenly someone knocked at the door so glenn got up to answer it. "hey dwight. do you need something?" glenn asked. "i was wondering if carl was in."

glenn just invites dwight in and heads to the kitchen to give them some privacy. "i was thinking about going on a run but i wanted to check if it was okay." dwight explains to carl.

"take heath with you just in case and be safe." carl says with a smile. dwight thanks him before saying goodbye and leaving. "what did he want?" glenn asks as he sits down again. "he wanted to go on a run or something." carl said.

maggie walked through the front door and smiled when she saw glenn and carl asleep on the couch. she made dinner and woke them up. the three of them ate dinner together.

magna came rushing in and told them to come outside. glenn helped carl up and walked to the gates with maggie. dwight and heath stepped out of the car with a man. "CARL?" the man gasped when he saw carl.