13

the man ran towards carl and hugged him tightly. carl hugged him back with a smile.

magna and negan looked at the pair. "who the fuck is this?" negan asks. "this is merle." glenn says before joining the hug. maggie soon joined. "magna go get daryl, michonne and carol." carl ordered.

daryl froze when he saw merle and carl hugging. "merle?" he asked. carl and merle smiled at daryl. he ran towards them and hugged them tightly. "i thought you were dead." daryl said. "nah i'm all alive. now where's rick the prick?" merle asked with a smirk.

daryl shook his head and placed a hand on carl's shoulder. merle looked at them with shock. "so who's the leader now? is it michonne?" merle asked. "no it's me." carl said with a weak smile.

daryl understood it was all still hard for carl so he decided to change the subject. "where have you been all this time?" he asked his brother. "everywhere and anywhere." was all merle said. "should we take his weapons boss?" frank asked carl.

carl shook his head. "no it's alright frank. merle isn't any harm to us." he told the man. daryl put his arm around carl's waist to help him walk. they showed merle around and showed him where he'd be living.

they told merle about the enid thing since he asked why carl couldn't walk. carl told maggie he'd be staying the night at daryl's since merle was staying there. the three of them talked for hours.

carl decided to put merle in charge of the watch shifts. the three of them talked about old memories for a little bit. merle brought up the time they tried to teach carl how to use a crossbow and shane got mad.

——————————————————-

the next morning carl, merle and daryl were heading to doc's. they got the crutches and thanked him. they started to walk away when 10k suddenly ran up to carl. "hey carl. do you wanna go to the tree today?"

carl nodded. "yeah sure. i'll see if the others can come." carl said with a smile. "actually i was wondering if we could go alone." 10k whispered but merle still heard. carl just nodded before saying goodbye to daryl and merle.

10k helped carl since it was hard with crutches. they sat down at the tree and read some comics. they didn't realise that merle had followed them. merle didn't realise daryl followed him. "merle what are you doin-" daryl was cut off by merle. "shhhh!"

10k and carl started to lean in and soon connected their lips. carl smiled into the kiss when 10k placed his hand on carl's cheek. they stayed like that until a walker ruined it. 10k sighed and stabbed the walker. they got up and started to walk back.

daryl and merle rushed over the walls so carl and 10k wouldn't know. "i cant believe it! he's gay daryl!" merle kept screaming. daryl laughed. "you sound like a fucking child."

carl and 10k climbed back over the wall and walked around hand in hand. they went to go pick judith up from michonne. they brung judith back to carl's place and sat in the living with her.

maggie and glenn sat with them. "this is what it'll be like when your little brother or sister is born." maggie said to carl with a smile. "i cant wait." carl replied back.

10k and carl returned judith back to michonne's after dinner. they walked back to carl's and went to his room. they ended up cuddling in bed. they soon fell asleep.

——————————————————

they woke up and saw king ezekiel at the gates. they opened the gates and let king ezekiel and some of his men drove through. king ezekiel stepped out and a blonde boy around carl's age stepped out. "hi carl!" ezekiel said before giving carl a warm hug.

"i was wondering if henry could stay here for a little bit. it's been hard for him at the kingdom and i thought alexandria would be safe for him so." ezekiel asked with a smile. "of course he can stay. anyone from the kingdom is welcome here." carl stated.

magna, daryl and rosita nodded in agreement. "henry this is carl. he's the leader of alexandria." ezekiel explained to the boy as he pointed at carl. henry and carl made eye contact which caused henry to blush.

carl got some of his people to get henry's bags. "alright we'll be back to visit you in a week." ezekiel said to henry and said his goodbyes to everyone else. "you'll be staying with me." carl said.

carl and henry stepped inside and smiled at maggie. "hi mom. this is henry and he's gonna stay with us for a few weeks." carl explained as maggie hugged him. "oh he's that boy from the kingdom!" maggie said.

"yeah ezekiel said he needed a break from that place and alexandria is safe so." carl said before sitting down at the table. henry noticed a few pictures on the walls around the house. one of them was of carl, maggie and some guy.

suddenly the guy from the picture walked into the house and kissed maggie. "hey kiddo. who's this?" glenn asked as he ruffled carl's hair. "this is henry from the kingdom." carl stated with a smile.

the four of them ate dinner together and carl helped maggie clean up. after that carl showed henry where he'd be sleeping. he gave henry some comics before heading to his own room and falling asleep.