•2

A scarecrow made of Thanos' armour is seen and the burnt Infinity Gauntlet on Thanos' arm. He's walking among his crops, harvesting fruit, and putting them in a sack. He walks over to the shed, with a dragging quality to his legs, like it pains him to walk, presumably his living quarters, and tries to sit down. His face was brunt. His whole left side is burnt black with blisters; He looks ridiculously pathetic compared to when they saw him last.

Suddenly, Carol Danvers flies through the roof, knocking Thanos down, and grabbing his neck. Bruce in the Hulkbuster armor bursts from the ground, and grabs Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet arm. Thor flies in and slices off the Infinity Gauntlet. Rhodey flies down with Rocket and aims guns on Thanos' head.

Captain America walks in with Natasha and (Y/N)  right behind him, staring murderously at Thanos. Rocket goes over to the sliced off Infinity Gauntlet, and kicks it over, as everyone realizes that there are no stones in it.

"Oh no." muttered Rhodey.

"Where are they?" Steve asked, fiercely.

"Answer the question!" said Carol, in a low and dangerous voice.

"The universe required correction." replied Thanos. "After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation."

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce pushes him to the ground wearing Hulk Buster armor.

"Bruce!" (Y/N) calls.

"You should be grateful." said Thanos who is being Punched by Hulk Buster.

"Where are the Stones?" asked Natasha, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." answered Thanos.

"You used them two days ago!" (Y/N) shouts, anger boiling inside her.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be."  Thanos sits himself a little straighter. "I am... inevitable."

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying." Rhodey looks around nervous.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." said Nebula.

"Ah, thank you, daughter." said Thanos. Nebula looks down, a little uncomfortable. "Perhaps I treated you too harshly."

Thor's face fills with rage as he raises to summon Stormbreaker, and before anyone can stop him, slices Thanos' head off. Thanos' limp body falls to the floor. Nebula wipes off some of the blood spatter.

"What... What did you do?" asked (Y/N), Who looks just as startled.

Thor looks broken, realizing what he has done. "I went for the head."

Thor slowly walks out of the shed, no real purpose in his steps, as a tear falls on (Y/N)

|| F I V E   Y E A R S   L A T E R ||

There was a ring from (Y/N)'s phone. "Hello?" She answers the phone.

"(Y/N). It's Nat. Come here in the Compound, we need you."

"Why? What for?" asked (Y/N).

"I'll explain later." said Nat, as she hangs up the phone.

Scott and (Y/N) was inside the Avengers Compound, Scott was pacing worriedly in front of Steve and Natasha.

"Scott. Are you okay?" asked (Y/N).

"Yeah. I'm fine." replied Scott, who is still pacing. He struggles to ask about something. He finally blurts it out. "Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?"

"Only to make conversation." answered Nat.

"Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... She was my..." Scott struggles to not tell the entire truth about their relationship. "She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry. That must've been a very long five years." said (Y/N).

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't." Scott looks at her. "For me, it was five hours."

Steve, (Y/N) and  Nat share a quick bewildered glance.

"See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving." Scott strides over to pick up Nat's sandwich, and bites into it.

"Scott, what are you talking about?" Steve asks.

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm." replied Scott. "The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos."

" Wait, are you talking about a time machine?" asked (Y/N), lifting a brow.

"No. No, of course not." Scott shakes his head. "No, not a time machine. It's more like a... Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way... There's gotta be...some w... it's crazy."

"Scott, I get e-mails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore." Nat nods her head, pursing her lips.

"So who do we talk to about this?" asked Scott.