•3

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" said Tony, smirking.

Scott, Steve, (Y/N) and Nat all look puzzled. Science is barely any of their fields.

Tony gives a drink to Steve who politely says: "Thank you."

"In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home," Tony shakes his head.

"I did," Scott points out.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?" Tony tilts his head.

Scott Tries to hide his pride. " A time heist?"

"Yeah, a time heist." Tony nods. " Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?"

"The Stones are in the past." said (Y/N). "We can go back and get them,"

"We can snap our own fingers." Natasha pipes in. "We can bring everyone back,"

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" Tony let's put a breathless chuckle.

"I don't believe we would." said Steve.

"Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism." Tony said. "However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise."

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events -" Scott was cut off by Tony.

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?"

"No." Scott looks embarrassed.

"Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works,"

"Tony... We have to take a stand." said Nat

"We did stand." Tony purses his lips. "And yet, here we are."

"I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did." Scott's  voice gets louder as he tries to sell his desperation to Tony. "And now, now we have a chance to bring her back. To bring everyone back. And you're telling me that won't even..."

"That's right, Scott, I won't even. I got a kid." Tony says as Morgan runs to her father, who picks her up.

"Mommy told me to come and save you." said Morgan, in a small voice.

"Good job. I'm saved." said Tony, he turns to face Steve, (Y/N), Nat and Scott. "I wish you'd come here to ask me something else. Anything else. Honestly, I... I missed you guys, it was... Oh, and table's set for seven."

"Tony, I get it. And I'm happy for you, I really am. But this is a second chance." said (Y/N).

"I got my second chance right here, (Y/N). I can't roll the dice again. If you don't talk shop, you can stay for lunch."

(Y/N) shakes her head and walks back to their car. Followed by Cap, Nat and Scott walking back to their car outside Tony's house.

"He's scared." said Nat.

"He's not wrong." nodded Steve.

"Yeah, but I mean, what are we gonna do? We need him. What, are we gonna stop?" asked Scott, who looks like he's panicking.