•7

|| New York, 2012 ||

The First Group which has Tony, Steve, Bruce, (Y/N) & Scott; travels to New York in 2012.

They see a the original Avengers, such as, Natasha, (Y/N), captain America, iron-man, Hulk and Hawkeye. Panning over to a side street where (Y/N), Scott, Steve, Banner and Tony materialise.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." commanded Steve.

2012 Hulk passes by them, smashing everything in his way. Bruce puts his hand on his face, embarrassed.

Steve turns to Bruce, "Feel free to smash a few things along the way."

(Y/N) chuckles, looking at Bruce who looks at her embarrassed.

" I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." says Bruce. Present Bruce pretends to smash things in a sarcastic way. He tears his shirt off, and walks over to a car. He lightly punches the car, making a small dent, all the while making growling noises. He picks up a motorbike and throws it at a wall, wincing as it hits the wall.

"You need to do better then that, Bruce." chuckled (Y/N), earring glare from Bruce.

(Y/N) smirks at him, "I'll be off now." She uses her flying ability to fly up.

*

At the Roof of the Sanctum Sanctorum where 2012 The Ancient One protects it. (Y/N) lands on the floor, followed by Bruce, who tries to enter through the roof before noticing her.

"I'd be careful going that way. We just had the floors waxed." The ancient one said.

"Ma'am, we're looking for Doctor Strange." says.

"You're about... five years too early. Stephen Strange is currently performing surgery about twenty blocks that way." The ancient one Points in the distance. "What do you want from him?"

"That, actually." (Y/N) points towards the Eye of Agamotto where the Time Stone is kept.

The Ancient One (2012) looks at it. "Ah! I'm afraid not."

"Sorry, but we weren't asking." Bruce walks towards her.

"You don't wanna do this." The Ancient one says.

"Ah, you're right, I don't." Bruce makes a grab at the Eye of Agamotto. "But I need that stone, and I don't have time to beat it-"

The Ancient One pushes Bruce' astral form out of his body. Bruce who's is now in astral form looks at The Ancient One horrified.

(Y/N)'s eyes widen.

"Let's start over, shall we?" The Ancient One smiles sweetly.

*

(Y/N), Bruce and The Ancient One spike to each other. As Hulk is lying down on a beach chair who looks like he's sleeping with a hat on, Bruce and (Y/N) tries reasoning with the Ancient One to let him have the Time Stone.

"Please, please!" Bruce begs.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you two. If I give up the Time Stone to help your Reality, I'm dooming my own." says The Ancient One.

"With all due respect, I'm not sure the science really supports that." states (Y/N).

The Ancient One creates a projection with a long ray that simulates the flow of time. "The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one stone and that flow splits." She flicks the Time Stone projection away and Shows black stream indicating a point of divergence.

"Now, this may benefit your reality, but my new one...not so much. In this new branched Reality, without our chief weapon against the forces of darkness, our world will be overrun. Millions will suffer. So, tell me, Doctor," she turns to Bruce.

"can your science prevent all that?"

"No, but we can erase it. Because once we are done with the stones, we can return each one to its own timeline at the moment it was taken. So, chronologically," Bruce Holds the Time Stone projection, "in that reality," he puts it back to its spot. "it never left."

Bruce's astral form takes the projection of the removed Time Stone, replaces it back amongst the other five, and the doomed alternate dimension fades away, illustrating his point. (Y/N) was just standing there, thinking.

"But you are leaving out the most important part. In order to return the stones, you have to survive." says The Ancient One, still not convinced.

"We will. We promise." says (Y/N), with pleading eyes.

"I can't risk this Reality on a promise. It is the duty of the Sorcerer Supreme to protect the Time Stone." The Ancient One sighs.

"Then, why the hell did Strange give it away?" (Y/N) asks, getting pissed off.

"What did you say?" The Ancient One says, surprised.

"Strange, he gave it away. He gave it to Thanos." (Y/N) repeats.

"Willingly?"

"Yes!" Bruce and (Y/N) says, simultaneously.

"...Why?" The Ancient One asks.

"I have no idea. Maybe he made a mistake." (Y/N) shrugs.

"Or I did." The Ancient One returns Bruce to his Hulk body and opens the Eye of Agamotto, revealing the Time Stone. "Strange is meant to be the best of us."

"So he must have done it for a reason." (Y/N) mutters.

"I fear you might be right." The Ancient One gives (Y/N) the Time Stone.

"Thank you." (Y/N) says.

"I'm counting on you two. We all are." said The Ancient One.

*

Back at the Avengers HQ and the Quantum platform everyone looks around to see all the recovered stones.

"Did we get them all?" asked Bruce.

"You telling me this'll actually work?" Rhodey asks.

There's a pause as everyone starts to realise someone is missing.

"Clint, where's Nat?" asked (Y/N), worriedly.

The silence from Clint tells them all they need to know. The mission was completed but at a dire cost. Sadness overtakes everyone. (Y/N)  falls to his knees and pounds the floor in grief.

"No..." she mutters.