Chapter 26: The Rabbit Hole

As Perth pulled up to the club he could feel his anticipation building. He had just seen Earth less than 12 hrs ago, yet here he was eager to kiss those lush lips and caress those soft cheeks. This was a new experience for him, uncharted territory for the serial one-night-stand man. Part of him was waiting for the rush to die down as it inevitably did with every past lover. Perth never intended for his relationships to be so shortlived. The initial spark would blaze hot and bright then oh so quickly fade and eventually burn out all together. This had always been the sequence of events that led to Perths revolving door relationships. However after nearly 2 weeks his desire and attachment for Earth only seemed to be increasing. Never before had a man, or woman for that matter, been able to hold his attention for more that a few nights. Yet everytime he thought about his kitten his heartbeat would race. Perths dad had once described love as a "Need" for the other person that transcended logic or common sense. He would often say that love made fools of all those lucky enough to find it and that the search was often an adventure all its own. After 25yrs of happy marriage Perth considered his dad an expert on the topic. He just wasn't sure if he could convince Earth to jump down the rabbit hole and take this crazy adventure with him.
Checking his watch Perth realized it was only 11 o'clock, he was early and Earths shift didn't end for another half hour. Getting out of the car he decided he may as well have a drink while he waited. There were plenty of empty tables beyond the dance floor since it was a weekday. Sitting at a table facing the bar Perth watched as Earth expertly tossed shakers over his head and behind his back while setting up for a multi pour.

Flair tricks greatly increased tips at the bar and Earth was a master having attended several classes at Zee's insistence

Flair tricks greatly increased tips at the bar and Earth was a master having attended several classes at Zee's insistence. Along with his good looks and vivacious personality, Earth's skill as a bartender ensured he always made rent. As Perth watched the bar he noticed a couple walk up to a door near the stairs. At first glance the door seemed like an employee only entrance behind the bar. However the couple that approached were obviously not members of the staff and the red wristbands they wore seemed exclusive. Intrigued he watched as they scanned the wristbands and passed through the door. Realization hit and Perth had a new idea for how to spend their evening. He just hoped his kitten was willing to play. Walking up to the bar Perth sat and waited for Earth to finish with his customers. Earth turned and immediately smiled when he saw it was Perth at the end of the bar. Walking over Earth asked "So handsome what can I get ya?" Smiling Perth answered "How bout a tour behind the curtain?". Glancing at the door and understanding what Perth was asking for Earth raised an eyebrow and said "You sure you can handle it?". Perth looked around to make sure no one was watching then he leaned across the bar and pulled Earth in for a powerful toe-curling kiss. As he was backing away from Earths lips he said "I can more than handle it Kitten. Can you?" Chuckling Earth brushed his thumb over Perths bottom lip and said "Oh Handsome you have NO IDEA what you're in for! But this should be fun!" Turning around and closing down his register Earth clocked out and grabbed 2 wristbands from the safe. Zee had told him he was always welcome to them just to check with Mew or Sammy for room reservations in Wonderland. Saying goodnight to his partner behind the bar Earth walked up to Perth and wrapped the white band around his wrist. Noticing the color difference Perth asked "Why were their bands red and ours are white?" Earth smiled "White is an All Access Pass, red and black are Limited Access. Red is for Wonderland and black is The Looking Glass access." Earth explained as they walked through the door. "Well this is a surprise! I haven't seen you on this side of the door in quite some time Cutie!" Said an imposing women from her desk directly in front of the door.