۵ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

-𝓝𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓼𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥-

I woke up to the sound of ringing next to my ear. I quickly reached my hand out to the nightstand beside me and silenced the sound of my alarm clock. 'Today's a new day.' I thought. I got out of bed and grabbed my phone. As I walked towards the bathroom, I felt my phone vibrate. Shocked by the sudden movement, I answered it and placed it next to my ear. 

"Hello?"

"Hey! Nagisa! You awake yet?" A voice asked through the speaker of my phone.

"Uhh no. I'm totally talking to you in my sleep." I replied sarcastically. Hearing the laugh from the phone, I knew it was Isogai.

Yuuma Isogai is my partner at work. We would always hang out during breaks and help each other out if we needed any, but most of the times we'd just make jokes and play around. Our boss, Tadaomi Karasuma, hates it when we say jokes around him and as punishment, we'd get extra work.

"Nagisa, Karasuma wants you to do a certain job for him." Isogai answered.

"Oh really? Is it because of the 'joke' we made about him?" I snickered. Isogai just laughed.

"He said it's a task that only you can do. Whatever that means." Isogai replied. I stayed silent for a bit. I was confused in why Karasuma wanted me to do a job that 'only I can do'.

"That's weird. I'm getting ready right now, so I'll be there in like 20 minutes." I answered. Isogai signaled and 'ok' and hung up.

I quickly got changed and brushed my teeth, wondering about this 'special job'. What could Karasuma mean by that? Was he proud of the assassination I did with Akira Takaoka, the drug dealer? I mean, I've always had a thing--no, a talent--for assassination ever since I was a kid. Or did he only want me to do the job after the joke I made yesterday. I guess I'll find out soon.

After I ate breakfast, I hopped into my car and drove straight to work. I parked on a tall hill and walked down the slope to a place called "Burger Cling". I walked near a certain wall behind the restaurant. Looking around to make sure no one was following me, I placed my hand on a specific spot on the wall and saw as a blue-lighted line follow my hand from top to bottom. As soon as the scan was done, a part of the wall dragged down below the ground, which opened a pathway inside the hill. This was the lair. The Assassins' Lair. It's where all the assassins and recruits go for jobs. It's pretty hard to attend. I happened to be one of the first assassins to get in since I knew Karasuma as a child, along with Isogai.

I walked along the pathway to find myself in a cave-like lair. All around me were high-tech and advanced technology that would help assassins in future assassination attempts. I passed through the office grounds and towards the door with a sign above it saying "Tadaomi Karasuma". As I walked in, a knife came straight towards my face. Of course, I dodged it, but barely. It slightly cut the top of my cheek.

"Too slow!" I heard a voice as I turned to where the knife came from. As usual, it was Karasuma.

"Good morning to you too, Karasuma." I greeted. He walked in front of his desk and leaned against it, staring at me for a bit. Judging by this position, I suppose he wanted to talk.

"I heard from Isogai that you had a certain job for me." I said, breaking the silence. He then picked up the mug of coffee on his desk and took a few sips before answering.

"You have a new target that I want you to dispose of. A high rank." He replied, taking a few more sips.

"What does he/she do?" I asked. Karasuma placed his mug down and started to read the documents about my target. I stood there, waiting for an answer.

"He is the son of one of the richest people in Japan, Aito Akabane. We don't want Aito to use this money against people like us, so we have to take him down. Aito owns many businesses across Japan and cares for his child so much, so if we take his son out, we take him out. Isogai already has the plan settled out. You'll be the actor, he'll be the stuntman. Got it?" Karasuma explained.

"Wait, why the hell do I have to be the actor again?" I groaned. Karasuma grinned.

"Because you're the one that looks.. let's say... feminine." He replied. 

"You mean I'm going to have to act as a girl again?!" I asked. His face had the look of revenge. Oh.. I know why.

"I didn't mean to say that joke yesterday! Isogai and I were just messing around! I'm sorry!!" I shouted, pleading for mercy.

"Well you can repay me by eliminating your target. And by yours, I mean only yours. Isogai just volunteered to help you, so the reward doesn't go to him. By the way, if you do manage to eliminate him, your reward will be ¥2,000,000." he replied.

Damn, I just gotta kill this guy as a girl and get ¥2,000,000. Easy. I'll probably split the reward with Isogai since he's going to help me and I'm nice uwu. Wait..

"Karasuma... What's the target's name?" I asked. He put the documents down and looked at me. His thin, black eyes pierced into mine as he said the answer.

"Karma Akabane."