۵ 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 (𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 2)

-𝓚𝓪𝓻𝓶𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥-

That laugh... I know who's laugh that is.. but I've never heard it this demonic before. It laugh gave me chills crawling up my backbone. Everyone was looking for the unfamiliar laugh while I froze in my place.

It was my father's laugh.

A dark-figured silhouette appeared in front of us. I'm pretty sure by now everyone had an idea of who it was. The figure revealed itself as it walked towards the light. It was my father, but not the father I knew. He looked more.. demonic. 

"Tsk tsk tsk. Do you know how much you hurted me, Karma?" he started with an inhumane grin. In an instant, he ran towards Nagisa. It looked like he just teleported in front of him.

"Nagisa.. How are you? It's been a while.~" he said. Nagisa gave an unforgiving look on his face towards my father. He frowned as he pulled something from his pocket.

"Nagisa, watch out!!" I yelled. But it was too late. My father sprayed some sort of gas in Nagisa's face. 

"Nagisa!!" Isogai screamed. My heart dropped as I witness Nagisa falling to the ground unconcious. I tried running towards him, only to be stopped by Karasuma.

"Stop! Don't go near the area. The Radic Light could still be there." he reminded. 

After a while of struggle, I managed to escape from Karasuma's grip and ran towards Nagisa. He was still unconcious from the gas, which made my blood boil. I stood up towards my father, my head down and fists curled up into balls. He laughed demonically.

"Did you really think I wouldn't know your plans in stopping me? I didn't raise you to be stupid, Karma. That's why people stop loving you. Me, your mother, and now Nagisa.~" he explained. Realizing his last words, I heard Isogai and Karasuma's voice as I feel a sharp pain on the back of my arm. Yelling from the sudden pain, I turned around to find Nagisa.

No.. No no no no no. Nagisa breathed in the gas... The gas that would change and manipulate his memories.

I ducked as Nagisa swung his knife above my head. Holding my arm in pain, I quickly ran to Isogai and Karasuma due to the state I was in.

"I'll leave you to it then." my father said as he walks off, laughing.

"With pleasure.~" Nagisa said, smiling in a cold-hearted way.

"Nagisa! This isn't you! I know yo--" I yelled, cut off by his screaming.

"No you don't, Karma! I know you don't because you never loved me! Was all of it just a joke!? Was my love a joke to you!? Answer me, Karma!" he yelled. Hearing his words made my heart sink. Nagisa's memories were changed because of the gas and now he thinks that I don't love him.

"Nagisa! It's not what you think! You can't believe your memories right now! Just lay the knife down and let's talk about this, alright?" I tried convincing. His movements were slow. 

I don't know when he's going to activate his bloodlust, but I've dodged it so many times before so I should be fine. The clap thing he did with the guard though, I don't know how I'm going to dodge that. Nagisa was coming towards me and all I could think about was how I was going to get him out of the gas' effects. He suddenly stopped. As soon as he did, his hand were in front of my face. I closed my eyes and prepared for whatever was going to happen next. The next thing I knew, I felt a force push me as I fall to the ground. I looked up to see Karasuma standing in front of Nagisa, paralyzed. Nagisa took this time to stab Karasuma, but Isogai pushed him out of the way. 

"Karma! Are you okay?!" he yelled, putting Karasuma's arm around his shoulder.

"Yeah, but this is bad." I stated, pulling myself back up.I turned towards Nagisa as he got up from the ground.

"Nagisa! Listen to me!" I screamed, but Nagisa just kept going.

"Why should I listen to you?! You never cared about me in the slightest and now you're asking me to listen to you!? You're a joke, Karma. I never have and will love you." Nagisa stated codly. His last words broke me down. But still, I know this isn't him. I won't give up on him!

As Nagisa ran towards me, his knife went full speed to my chest. I dodged it, causing the knife to hit the ground. Taking advantage of this time, I kicked the knife away from Nagisa's hand. When it comes to combat with Nagisa and I, I have the upperhand. As he try to throw me a punch, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards me. Our lips met as I held onto his waist with my free hand. His body went loose as his eyes widen by my sudden move. I broke the kiss to hug him.

"Even if you may not care for me anymore, I will always love you, blueberry." I reminded. Tears rolled down Nagisa's eyes as he realize what he's done.

"I-I'm... s-so sorry. I'm s-sorry." Nagisa cried, as he continues to hug me back. Karasuma's paralyzed effect wore off, so he and Isogai walked towards us as Nagisa continues to cry.

"Nagisa, it's okay. It's not your fault. I'm here now." I informed. 

"I-I hurted you. And Karasuma.." he sobbed. He knew it, but right now we needed to focus at the task at hand. After a while, Nagisa stayed silent and held onto me tight.

"Come on, Nagisa," Isogai said, breaking the silence. "Let's go kick some ass." He held a hand out for Nagisa. Nagisa smiled and accepted his hand, pulling him back up off the ground.

"Great so what do we do know?" I asked. All three turned to me and smiled.

"We assassinate the target."