۵ 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯

-𝓝𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓼𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥-

Karma, Isogai and I drove back to the Assassins' Lair. Karma was confused on why we were near Burger Cling, but the look of confusion on his face suddenly turned to the look of surprise as the scanner on the wall scanned Isogai's hand and opened the pathway. We walked towards Karasuma's office, preparing for what was going to happen next.

"You might want to step back a bit." Isogai said to Karma. Both took a step back as I opened the door. As usual, a knife came towards my face.

"Nagisa! Watch out!" Karma yelled. I tilted my head to the side, letting the weapon pass. Before the knife fully passed my face, I grabbed the handle and held it there for a while before recollecting myself. Worry and surprise was all I could read from Karma. I looked at him and chuckled.

"Aww. You care about me." I pestered. Red painted his face as he looked down in embarrassment. Isogai snickered and gave me the 'I knew it' look. I rolled my eyes as I entered the door, along with the other two.

"That's new. You actually grabbed it this time." Karasuma started.

"That's because this time I knew what would happen as soon as I opened this door. But enough with the jokes, Karasuma. Why didn't you tell me that my target was my childhood friend, huh?" I questioned. Karasuma smiled and, of course, took a sip out of his mug of coffee before answering.

"Because I knew you wouldn't kill him," he said. All three of us had the look of confusion as Karasuma took a few more sips. "I said 'a job only you can do' because you were the only one who could convince him to be on our side. We needed him on our side, but I didn't know how.. Then I remembered that you two used to be close as kids, so I thought it would work if your target assigned was Karma. And it did. Even better, you brought him here. Now that you understand, let's get to the plan." he explained.

"Wait," I said. Karasuma turned to me. "Why didn't you just tell me? Even though I wouldn't have agreed to it, it'd be better to know what's happening than to experience everything without any knowledge of it."

"Because I knew that you wouldn't want to be used," he professed. I just looked down in anger. "I didn't want to use you, but we were desperate and needed Karma as soon as possible since something new came up, so I had no choice."

"What's the new thing that came up that made you use Nagisa?" Isogai asked. Karasuma stared at all three of us and sighed before explaining.

"Certain tech was found at some of Aito's companies' buildings that showed multiple documents of tests on a specific gas they created. This gas was called Radic Light. If inhaled, the gas would enter the victim's brain and change certain memories in their life, which is another form of manipulation. They plan on using it on certain people to get what they want. Of course, this has to be stopped, and Karma is our ticket in doing that." he explained. All three of us looked at each other and nodded.

"Well, now that I'm here," Karma started, "I guess we should start by making a plan on how we're going to do this." 

Karasuma hummed in acknowledgement. Isogai grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

"Nagisa, you sure about this?" he asked, scratching the back of his head.

"We're dealing with Karma's father, so its really up to him." I responded. Isogai gave a worried look and nodded in agreement. As Isogai and I walked in, Karasuma rolled out a 'blueprint' like paper. He gave us a sudden look.

"Let's get started, shall we?"