۵ 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩

"I missed you, blueberry."

-𝓚𝓪𝓻𝓶𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥-

It was him. It was actually him. I couldn't believe it. As I pulled Nagisa in, I could feel him crying and shivering around my arms. I hugged as tight as I could, signaling Nagisa that he was safe. But something about him.. seemed a bit different from when we were kids. He tried to kill me, so I take that he didn't recognize me. But.. why did he try to kill me? I could still hear Nagisa crying on my shoulders.

"Nagisa, you're fine. I'm here." I said. Hearing Nagisa's voice again... it felt nice. But I just couldn't stand to hear him cry. It hurts me to know that he's hurt.

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry." he sobbed. We stayed silence for a bit. I just let him cry on my shoulder. I hugged him even tighter than before, laying my head on his.

"Nagisa.. Why are you sorry?" I asked, breaking the silence. He stopped crying. Closing his eyes, he put his arms around me and snuggled his head on my shoulder.

-𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓝𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓼𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥-

I was in class and saw a boy with red hair and mercury eyes enter the door of our classroom. Karasuma-sensei welcomed him and told him to sit in the only empty seat in the class, which happens to be next to me. The boy did what he was asked and walked towards the seat. 

We first made eye contact when he sat down. It was like looking at the sun, but it wasn't blinding at all. It first made my spine crawl. As he smiled and waved, I could feel goosebumps going through my arms and legs, but it was nice. What.. is this feeling?

"Hey! I'm Karma Akabane! What's your name?" he asked. I was surprised he talked to me, so I hesitated to answer.

"U-umm.. M-my name is N-Nagisa Shiota..." I stuttered. I was a little scared, but he just laughed it off.

"Nagisa.. That's a nice name. Your hair is like a blueberry." he laughed. His smile made my face red. Probably even as red as his hair.

"And your hair looks like a strawberry." I added. We both laughed and stayed quiet during the lesson.

"Hey, blueberry.." he said. I turned my head towards him.

"I don't mean for this to be offensive, but are you a boy or a girl?" he asked. My face automatically went from 'curious' to 'AH HELL NAH'. I stood up.

"I'M A BOYY!!" I yelled. The whole class laughed. I felt embarrassed as Karasuma-sensei told me to quiet and sit down, so I did.

"S-sorry.." I apologized quietly. 

Karma laughed so hard that Karasuma-sensei made him sit in the corner. I looked back towards him to show my face of revenge. He just grinned like it wasn't over yet. It was kind of cute.

*𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕕𝕒𝕪*

I walked inside the building early. Karma wasn't here yet, so I thought I might as well wash up before he comes. I walked towards the restroom, but the door closed right as I stepped inside. Behind me was Ryouma Terasaka and three other boys.

"Oi, Nagisa. That was some real gut you got there yesterday, telling everyone your a boy." Terasaka said. He and the boys walked towards me.

"I-It was an accide--" I got cut of by the force of Terasaka's knee in my stomach.

I fell to the ground, coughing hard. All four of the boys started beating me up not long after that. I heard the door open and someone calling out my name, but it was all a blur. Though I do remember feeling someone's bloodlust as I passed out. I woke up half an hour later in the nurse's office with Karma next to me. It turns out that he had stopped all four of the bullies and teached them a lesson. Of course, the nurse doesn't know that. 

*𝟚 𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣*

Karma and I hung out more often. I would always surprise him with my bloodlust that Karasuma-sensei taught me. We became best friends from that point on. But.. something happened that made him move out of town. I came over to his house one day to find him in his room, laying face down on his bed with his head buried in his pillow. I also saw some luggages on the side of his bed.

"K-Karma?" I asked. Karma picked his head and turned towards me, tears in his eyes. My body froze. Tears and his mercury golden eyes do not mix.

"Karma! What happened? Are you okay?" I asked. He shook his head and buried his face back in his pillow.

I went up and sat next to him on his bed. I hugged him from the back and told him that everything would be alright. He nudged me back, which surprised me and brought me to a few tears. Mr. Akabane came into his room not long after that.

"Karma. We're leaving. Now." he said. Karma got up and took his luggages. Then I realized what was happening. Karma's moving out of town.. but why?I walked in front of Mr. Akabane and asked what was wrong.

"Kid, can't you see why? My wife, Karma's mother died recently. I can't take it anymore, so we're leaving! Now move out of our way!" he said as he pushed me to the ground. 

Karma's face had the look of surprise and anger when he saw what Mr. Akabane did to me. I started crying on the floor as Mr. Akabane drag Karma into their car and drove off. I never saw him again.. So I forgot about everything we did. I forgot about everything we said. I forgot about him.

*𝔼𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝔽𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜*

-𝓝𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓼𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥-

I'm sorry was all I could say. I just left him in the dark after all these years. I let the tears fall out of my eyes as I tightly clinged onto Karma. I didn't even think about him in the time he was gone. That's why I forgot about him. 

But I didn't realize that the two months I've had with him when we were kids were the best times of my life.