Chapter 13: Greenhouse

"Soff wake up!" I woke up to Bella banging on my door, I huffed when I looked at the clock. It was too early, what the hell was Bella doing up?

Bella hasn't been sleeping well. She would wake up really early and start doing stuff around the house, as if she was trying to take her mind off something.

I got up and started getting dressed for school. When I got downstairs Charlie and Bella were already sitting in the kitchen table both having coffee. I stopped dead on my tracks at the sight of my sister drinking the brown elixir of life.

Charlie was also eyeing Bella above the rim of his own cup while taking a sip, obviously noticing how out of character it was of her. I tried to play it cool and pour myself a cup and grabbing a toast.

When Bella took a sip from her mug and then grimaced was when I couldn't stop myself anymore.

"Why are you drinking coffee?" my voice was incredulous and the confused expression on my face didn't help. She turned to me and I noticed the huge bags under her eyes, and was grimacing from the bitter sip she took, the dumbass didn't even put some milk in it.

"I didn't have a lot of sleep and I need to stay awake at school" she shrugged, I gave Charlie a look as if asking him if he wasn't going to add anything. He put his cup down and stood up. I guess he wasn't.

"Have a nice day" he waved goodbye as he exited the kitchen. I waved back and gulped a huge sip of my coffee.

The ride to school was quiet. Bella was too deep on her own thoughts and I took advantage to also think about how Rosalie will be behaving today.

Yesterday Leah and I had a talk where I told her the love/hate friendship I had with the blonde. Leah ,of course, said that I had to ignore her, but was more insistent about it when she found out that Rosalie Hale was actually a Cullen.

So after an hour of Leah lecturing me about how I shouldn't hang out with someone that didn't want to be seen with me. I agreed, if Rosalie was ignoring me, well so was I.

"Did you bring the permission slips?" Bella asked me once we were parked, two school buses also in the lot.

Today all the 11th grade were going to a field trip to a green house on the outskirts of Forks. So yesterday I had Charlie signing them for us.

"Golden retriever puppy on your six" I warned my sister when I saw Mike Newton heading on our direction. Bella with a frown peeked above her shoulders to see what I was talking about, when she saw him, Bella groaned.

"Hey Arizona!" Mike called Bella, I rolled my eyes and leaned next to truck. Then I saw past Mike and noticed all the Cullens next to the silver Volvo and the Jeep.

Edward was staring at my sister, and I took my time to analyze him. Out of all the Cullens, Edward is the only I have never spoken to, in person at least. So I was really curious as to how he had my sister under his spell. Bella was not one to be crushing with a boy and now she was running around the house doing chores like a headless chicken. I chuckled internally at the image of Bella being all fuzzy because she had butterflies in her tummy.

I felt someone's eyes on me and I turned to see Edward watching me with some sort of amusement, with a hint of smile in his face.

I felt my sister nudge me with her foot on mine.

"I'm sorry Mike but I am going out of town that weekend to Jacksonville, to visit my mother" Bella lied and bit her lip. Mike frowned and looked at both of us as if something didn't add up.

"You are going but your sister is not?" he asked confused and pointing at me.

"I'm going to Seattle that weekend, I'll do some car hunting since my birthday is coming up" I added to my sister's lie, that way if I decided I wanted to go to prom I would just say I changed my mind about Seattle.