Chapter 20: Heart to Heart

-So what is really going on between you and your sister? – Rosalie asked me.

It was like 1 A.M. Rosalie had taught me a few basics about driving and then we decided to go for an actual drive. However, after a couple miles it started pouring and we both decided that it would be better if Rosalie took the wheel. Now we were driving with no direction, something that was becoming sort of our "thing". Since that's what we did every time we wanted to hang out and not third wheel any of Rosalie's siblings.

-I don't know what you are talking about - I played numb, I knew exactly what she was asking.

-I am talking about the fact that you and your sister are fighting- she rolled her eyes, I sighed – You two seemed really close when you first moved, and for what you have told me you always have been- she added and then turned to look at me - It was your birthday and you two didn't go out for milkshakes as you told me you always did-

Rosalie had caught up to too many details, obviously nothing could go unnoticed to her.

-Bella and I are just having a... disagreement- I grimaced - Besides, she got herself a boyfriend so she is spending time with him-

-Soff- Rosalie hummed trying to really tell her what is going on.

-Bella is spending almost all of her time with Edward, since they are kind of dating- I shrugged my shoulders still not ready to talk about it and trying my best to divert the subject - You and I are hanging out a lot too-

-I am not meaning to be nosy- Rosalie sighed in defeat when she realized I was not going to budge – Is just that I can tell that you are upset about whatever is going on and it seems that you have this habit of bottle everything in, I thought that perhaps you would like to talk about it-

Rosalie was looking at the road as she spoke; I was surprised at how good we have gotten to known each other in barely a month. How attentive she was at every detail of me personality, as I was to her.

-Bella asks too many questions- I finally confessed, Rosalie frowned but didn't look at me probably thinking that I would coward if she moved. The issue was that I didn't know how to express why it was such a problem to me.

-What type of questions? – she asked me after a little while, obviously wording carefully her words.

-She questions about who I spend my time with- I whispered blushing, I didn't dare to look up from my hands on my lap. I was just hoping that Rosalie would catch up to the meaning behind my words.

-I see- Rosalie mused, my heart was pounding fast in my chest and I was trying to keep calm the last thing we needed was me having an attack right here.

-I just don't know what to answer- I closed my eyes not daring to look at her too ashamed at my own cowardice – I don't want to lie –

-Would she have an issue if she knew that you and I have been spending time together? – she questioned, her voice sounded soft and not mad but I knew better, she was just trying to get me to calm down.

-I don't know- I replied sincerely, I bit my lip – I don't think so-

Rosalie was still looking ahead to the road, from the side her face seemed clam but she was an expert at masks so I was not sure what was she really thinking.

-I am sorry- I apologized not knowing how else to lessen the guilty eating me alive.

Rosalie finally turned to look at me, her face was still the epitome of calmness. She took a glance of me as if she were analyzing me before turning her sight back to the road. It unnerved me the fake calmness she was projecting. It reminded me at the how she treated me when we first met.