Chapter 17: Rumor Has it

"Bella this is getting ridiculous" I huffed, she simply rolled her eyes and stumped around the kitchen.

It was Monday morning, I had to wake up early since Rosalie said that she would be picking me up. Bella has not been talking to me since Saturday morning when I arrived, she was mad because I refused to tell her how I ended up at the Cullens or if I had noticed something strange about them.

I played dumb and then I asked her how she bumped into Edward in Port Angeles, she also didn't want to talk about it. Talk about hypocrites

"We've never had secrets and now you don't even want to talk to me" she rolled her eyes exasperated. I threw my head back.

"I don't have any secrets" I denied, at some extent it was true. It was not my secret I was keeping.

"Whatever you say" she rolled her eyes, and sat in the chair in front of mine with a bowl of cereal.

I was about to tell her how childish she was acting, when a honk interrupted me. I turned to look at the clock in the wall. 7:45 on the dot.

I stood up grabbing my backpack and my inhaler form the counter. Bella gave me a questioning.

"That's my ride, if we were on speaking terms I would tell you who it was" I mocked her, she gave a dirty look.

I simply laughed and exited the house. Rosalie was parked in the street, in her red Mercedes. That took me by surprise.

"I thought you were going to be picking me up in one of your brother's car" I gave her a knowing look as I climbed her car.

"Well, I thought about it and I talked to Carlisle, he said that if I didn't mind the staring then I could take my car to school" she said with excitement but some worry lingers in her eyes.

"If I see anyone staring I will throw them a snowball" I tried to cheer her up.

It worked, a satisficed smiled was plastered in her face.

"It would be too many snowballs" she raised an eyebrow as if that would dissuade me. I smacked my tongue.

"Those nosy bastards have it coming" I shrugged my shoulders, Rosalie laughed. The sound of her laughter made my heart skip, it was one of the most beautiful melodies I have ever heard.

I knew I wanted to keep hearing it.

After she was done laughing she gave me a mischievous smile. We kept driving until minutes later we were in the school's parking lot. It was almost empty with the exception of a few cars. School started at 8:30 so we had still half an hour before we had to get off the car.

"You know just because you don't sleep doesn't mean I won't miss my 30 minutes of extra sleep" I teased her, Rosalie rolled her eyes and turn off the car.

"Edward is picking your sister up and I wanted you to drive with me, so I had to pick you up earlier" she explained turning slightly to lean in the door of the car, I made myself comfortable by imitating her.

"Is it me or Edward likes Bella back?" I asked her ready to gossip about it, I had asked Bella all weekend but she was ignoring me.

"It seems like it" she said with distaste, that me frown.

"You don't like my sister" I stated, crossing my arms. I had noticed Rosalie's attitude every time I mentioned my sister.

"Is not that..." she said sheepishly, I arched an eyebrow.

"Your sister is insisting on knowing our secret, it endangers all of us" she continued and shook her in disbelieve.

"I did the same" I counter said, it was making no sense all she was saying.

"You figured it out on your own, your sister is asking anyone if they know what's wrong with us" she now sounded irritated.