IV

A/N: Thanks to @jessapino who helped me with the cover. Love you girl.

"That would probably the answer to your questions son." Annie chuckled as she guides me towards the door.

That made me stop. A woman? Could it be a reporter? From the office?

"Did you ask who she is?" Did I begin to feel anxious as to why do I have a visitor at this hour? Worse is no one even knows her. Jayson my other bodyguard didn't answer but instead, he just cleared his throat and that made me angry.

"Did you let her in?! Call Jonas to watch over the visitor! You just can't let anybody get in. "

Annie fell silent along with the sound of the fabric of her skirt as she held my arm to calm me down.

"I think she is pretty harmless, Sir," Jayson interjected making me snap my head to his direction.

"Your Mom sent her to take care of you. She is in the living room... with Jayson of course." he added.

"I never agreed to this, Annie. Please help me tell my mother to stop being so nosy about my life. My life would've been better without her." I huffed pinching the bridge of my nose. This is clearly her way of annoying me.

"Please don't say that, William. She maybe not the best mother, but she is trying hard to be a mother to you. I am also a mother, and I only want is the best for my son."

"But you two are both different." shrugging off the topic I walked passed her and I heard her chuckle.

"I am just only going to send her home," I muttered as Annie held my hand and led me to the door, taking the staircase with my cane. I can hear faint laughter and a very unfamiliar voice.

They fell silent and no one ever tried to say a word so as the owner of this house I cleared my throat and I promise I can sense how they flinch at my reaction. They are pretty scared at me but most of the time I am just like a normal thirty-year-old man living alone.
Jayson is clearly enjoying small talk with this woman.
"What is your name?"

I felt Annie left my side to excuse us from the maids so we can have the time to talk as an employer to employee conversation. Erase that. Normal people conversation. I don't have plans on taking her in.

"Uhm—do you mind if I will lead you to the couch to make you comfortable?"

Hesitation and her voice quivering. When I didn't say anything, I concluded she sauntered slowly to hold my hand and made me turn around to the couch area.

She got long hair. It tickled my arm. She smelled like flowers suffocating my senses. Who is she?!

"What is your name?" I asked her for the second time.

Her scent kind of resembles freshly picked apples, nectarine, or honey. Yes, it's so good but I hate her presence.

"My name is Jessica. Jessica Fernandez. I'm 26 and I am a preschool teacher. I—"

"You're a preschool teacher. How did you end up here? How do you know my mother?"

"Uhh-- she approached me in my school and there she offered me the job."

"Why did you said yes?"

"Because I felt the sincerity in your Mom's words when she said she doesn't want to make you feel alone anymore. Mom's love."

This is getting nowhere. I don't like where this conversation is heading. She is now going to tell me all the details. I am getting too frustrated that I yawn out of boredom. I don't care if I am yawning in front of her, all I want to do is to make her realize I don't like being with someone right now. Mom does owe me this one.

"Don't you know it's rude to yawn when someone's talking?"

Silence.

Her tone is slightly rough, making me jerk in her direction. There are annoyance and confusion in his voice and I want to laugh at her reaction.

"I know that. But don't you know it's also rude to start a small talk like I already know you at all? You are insulting me here." I want to burst to laugh at how the couch squeaked and how I managed to come up with some alien idea.

"There's no such thing as that, Sir. With all due respect, I am talking because you asked, and I am trying hard here to make you feel my words are genuine. It doesn't matter whether you are blind, it's the person that makes the conversation goes. But I guess I am wrong with my presumptions. You are a bit tad arrogant. Sir. I apologize if that makes you feel uncomfortable."

I can hear how she huffed at the end of her speech and I smiled at the thought of how I affected her.

"Feisty."

"I don't need someone with such an attitude, anyway. You can go now. I don't need you here." I added grabbing my cane, waving it from left to right, and headed to the stairs when she grabbed my arm.

"Wait."

I turned around only to realize how close she was. Her nose bumped on my chest and how she yelped with the impact.

"Are you okay?" I asked not moving at all.

"Yes. Uhh, I came from Atlanta and I traveled for almost five hours just to get here. It's just rude to send me away at this hour."

"Annie? What time is it?" I asked Annie knowing he is just always a behind me watching my every move.

"It's already 6:00pm, sir."

"Anyway, if you are really going to send me home... you must ask permission to your Mom first. I have already signed the contract, and since I'm a very decent citizen, I have no right to go against it. And besides, even if you succeed, you must let me stay for a night. I have nowhere to go, and a storm is coming, Sir."

It is indeed raining and thunder roared outside. I really love the sound of the rain splattering on the ground. Demanding to be heard and it indeed the most beautiful sound you can hear for a troubled heart.

"Mr. William?"

Annie pulled me back to myself and I realized I have spaced out again.

"I will take Ms. Jessica to one of our guest's rooms. It's not safe for a beautiful woman to travel at this hour."

"Have you had your dinner?" I asked out of empathy cause she said she traveled five hours and I bet she hasn't had her dinner yet.

"Not yet, sir." shy tone answered me and I can also hear the embarrassment in her voice.

"Annie, please make her something to eat. I'll be going back to my room."

I padded my way back to my room with my cane clicking the stairs. I heard how Annie asked her what she wanted to eat and she just chuckled in response.

***********************************************************************************************