XX

"And bro?" he added.

"Yeah?"

"I still don't like Brandon being friends with Jessica. You know I hate that guy. I just can't believe they get along too well."

"What do you mean?" Jessica has never been friends with anybody especially Brandon. I remembered how she squirmed just by just talking to her.

"You see, Jessica and I had a closure at his coffee shop. I saw them talking and knowing Jessica, I had never seen her so uncomfortable with a person. Last few months, I decided to visit you, I just saw his car parked outside the mansion a few weeks ago. He is a creep you know. He stayed inside his car watching the whole mansion. That was the day you went abroad, I guess. I just shrugged it off because I thought he is visiting you, but when I found out you weren't around, I started to feel something is off of him. I mean, I don't want him to get near to Jessica."

"How come no one has ever told me about this.

J E S S I C A

I don't understand what is happening to Will. The last time I checked he hates me, then became sweet, and then overprotective. A completely different person.

"Jessica..."

Crash!

The glass slipped from my hand when Will suddenly came from behind surprising me.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

I just stood there not saying anything, just staring at the broken glass. After a couple of minutes, I found myself picking the shards up when Will interrupted me.

"Don't. You'll get yourself hurt. Come here." He held a hand for me to take but he tensed when he saw my hand dripping with blood. I cringed at the sight and pain shoot on my fingers. He made no time to waste and dragged me to the bathroom and splashed water on my wounds. He is silent scrambling through the medicine box while I am standing in awe with his actions. His brows furrowed digging through the box.

"Show me your hand." He commanded, gripping my fingers angrily.

"Are you angry?" I asked leaning on the kitchen sink with the water running from the faucet.

"No, I am not."

His voice said the opposite. By the way he forcefully pats the gauze is saying he is truly angry.

"Look..."

Sensing my uneasiness and silence, he lifted his eyes and I promise nothing can be this awkward in my whole life. You know, the sudden staring contest.

"I know I am making you uncomfortable. And there's something I need to tell you."

I trailed behind him as we made our way to the living room sitting in front of each other. The living room has this nice spot that overviews the forest and majestic fountain on the left side of the mansion. I don't know how he did it, but a couple of cups of coffee is served in front of us, making me more at peace and well, nervous about what he is about to say. Counting his actions, the way he gripped the cup and blow the steaming coffee made me feel contented.

"I want you to stay here forever."

"What?"

"What I mean is you can still stay here... you know, now that I can see I will be out to the office more often. I need someone who can remind me my schedule, my food of course and I want you to do that for me. And do remember, you're my personal assistant now."