XV

Anybody who has ovaries can't help but fall in love with this man, even though he is blind. I am not saying I am falling in love with him, well yes he does looks good and I get excited whenever I see him but in love is not the safe word to describe how I feel.

  I didn't say a word but can't help to feel pity at this man beside me. I nearly fell asleep but the car came to a halt indicating that we have arrived at our destination.

Jayson opened the car door to my side and jogged to open the door for Mr. William. The man stood full of confidence and I can't help but ogle at his broad shoulders, hard muscles underneath the navy blue cashmere coat. I made my way to his side and held his arm to guide him to the entrance. His cane clicked at the tiled floor and I was amazed at the sight that welcomed us. Men and women paced back and forth with their business attire, with coffee on one hand and a phone on the other hand. They looked so busy but the atmosphere suddenly changed upon noticing our entrance.

"Good morning sir.." Greetings here and there but Mr. William's facial expression didn't waver even the slightest. Robert, Ethan, Cole, and Jayson walked closely at us looking so scary with their black and white uniform with lapels on their ear.

"My office is on the 30th floor." He said while making our way to the elevator. We occupied the executive elevator gaining a few stares from the other employees. I pushed the 30th button and stared at the numbers right above us. I really don't like the feeling of riding an elevator. Swallowing up the fear and the need to do my job, I was able to make it to the 30th floor without vomiting or any headaches. Phew.

"Cole, please tell my secretary to make coffee for me and Ms. Jessica."

Cole cleared his throat but didn't move any muscle. "Sir, the secretary position has been vacant for a few months now." He reminded and I can see how the veins in his forehead appear and ticked on his jaw.

"I'll get it. Just show me the way to the pantry." I smiled at Cole and dragged him outside.

"Thank you for saving my ass." He chuckled scratching the back of his neck. This man is too good to be true. His personality doesn't really suit his appearance.

"Mr. William has to look at least strong and scary whenever he visits this company. There's a lot of things that happened but I am in no position to tell them to you, but whatever you will witness here today, doesn't reflect the real William Miller in real life." He smiled before opening the pantry door for me.

Two employees were lounging in the pantry maybe having their coffee break.

"Hi." I greet awkwardly and they both gave me a kind response.

"Hello. New employee? What department?" a guy in black business coat and a plain white t shirt underneath it asked me holding a coffee on his left hand.

"Uhh no. I am Mr. William's personal assistant." They both gave me a 'are you fcking kidding me' look. I moved to the cupboard and found a cup and saucer. Mr. William prefers black so there is no need for me to stay here any longer.

"I'm Duke and this is Michelle. We're both from HR Department. I think you were the one who are quite the talk here. Now, I get it." Duke chuckled offering his hand for a handshake.

"Nice to finally meet you, Ms. Jessica. Can we call you Jess, instead?" Michelle chimed in sipping on her coffee.

"Nice to meet you, too," I interjected shaking hands to the both of them. 

"How is he as a boss?" Duke asked as I am trying to balance the two coffee on my hands. 

Should I tell them I am living with him on the same roof? Do personal assistants live with their bosses in the same house? Nah, I have to make everything lowkey.