VII

W I L L's POV

"Jayson!"

It's been an hour but no one has ever tried to barge into the room and deliver the good news that they have found my car keys. My driver Cole remembers he gave the key to someone but can't remember who.

"Yes sir."

"Please call Ms. Jessica. Where is she when I needed her?!"

My head hurts for thinking about too much this damn key. I have some meetings to attend to and I am already 5 minutes late. And where is this woman?! I haven't heard from her since yesterday.

"Hello. Yes, this is Will Miller. Please tell Mr. Hopkins that I am going to move the meeting next week because I have something to attend to. Very important."

Muffled noises of a lady secretary can be heard.

"Perfect. Thank you."

Now, I can finally breathe. I can't miss this opportunity to gain investors from abroad. "Now someone please tell me where this goddamn key is!"

"Sir, excuse me."

Annie showed up unhesitant despite of my outburst. She got to be immune by my tantrums and I am so glad that there's one person who can put up with me.

"Yes, Annie. I am sorry for yelling. I am not yelling at you."

She became my second mother when Mom hired her the day after my Dad's funeral, someone who take good care of me in the hospital and I instantly loved her and filled the spot of what a mother should be.

"No, it's okay sweetheart. I truly understand you. Even me have my bad days especially when my dentures gone missing? I will surely throw a fit as you."

That made me laugh. This is why I love her so much. How I wish she can be my mother instead.

"Where's Jess? I need her."

Where is this woman? I haven't heard from her since yesterday. Has she gone mute already?

"Sir, I am afraid to say, she already left. I look into her room and her things were gone." Jayson said catching his breathe throwing the door open.

Seriously?

"You hurt the girl's feelings, William. I love how sincere she was with her job. She even made you lasagna and a note saying, we shouldn't forget to give you your vitamins."

"Now, I already felt bad," I mumbled loosening my tie and sat at the edge of my table.

"You should. She is a nice girl. And all you did was throw fits at her." Annie clicked her tongue and patted my shoulder.

"She left with my keys?'"

"I'm afraid she did."

And now, with some unknown reason, I already felt bad for what I did. I am pretty sure she ran away with anger and hatred. I didn't mean to yell at her. I just don't want her to get attached to me that close. And I hate how I feel so vulnerable with her around.

Not again this time.

"Call Cole and lead me to her."

J E S S I C A

"Hi, Yes this is Jessica Fernandez. I am calling to let you know that I am revoking my contract with you. I can't blame you if you will be mad at me Mrs. Miller, but I can't take Mr. Will's attitude. I know he is a good man but most of the time, he is an asshole. I am so sorry for the word but it's definitely true. Thank you for the offer. Goodbye. Have a good day."