Prologue

Eyvin was late.

By fifteen minutes.

Probably frolicking with the brown-haired boy he met last week in the streets of Aerynelle, the human witch city. Sierra smiled nervously as her mother growled in annoyance, the queen's hair already set in a braid, ready for flight lessons.

"Pray tell, Era, where the hell is your brother?" 

"Sorry, mom," Sierra mumbled.

Manon waved it off.

"Is dad home?" Sierra asked hopefully.

Her mother nodded, a light in the golden eyes they shared ", Holed up in the library."

They both chuckled at that, Eyvin finally arrived.

"Sorry, mom," said her brother, grinning, sounding not sorry at all.

Their mother raised a brow in question.

Eyvin flushed a bright red, sputtering ", I-ugh-was helping with-um-the city guards! Yeah!"

Sierra rolled her eyes at her brother as they climbed onto Abraxos' back to make their way to the aerie in the Ruhn Mountains. "Are we finally going to get our own mounts today," Eyvin said, his voice too high to be natural.

"Perhaps, Eyvin," said their mother as they leaped into the skies.

-

"Mom!" shrieked Cyrus's younger eight-year-old sister, Sylvia ", Cyrus won't share her things!'

"Mom's sleeping, you dummies!" hissed their oldest brother, seventeen-year-old Laurel ", Shut up before she finds us and murders us all." 

"B-but!" Sylvia stammered.

"Hush, Sylvie, we can play hide and seek," Laurel chided, the young Fae quickly sealing her lips after that.

"Are we really going to visit Aerynelle later this week?" Cyrus asked in a hushed tone as they hurried past servants and gleaming corridors.

Her brother nodded ", It's nearly Yulemas, it's due to snow any day."

Cyrus wiggled her eyebrows and elbowed Laurel ", I bet you're excited to see Era again, aren't you? Eh?! Laurs! Wait for me!"

Her brother had flushed pink, storming ahead of her, Sylvie blindly following with her child speed.

-

"Are you sure you don't know where he went?!" Aedion said, nearly ripping all his hair out. 

Lysandra simply shifted into a leopard and began to sniff. 

Cayden tried not to snicker in his hummingbird form, he'd been flying after them for a while now, they still hadn't picked up on his scent. Honestly? He was sort of disappointed, it was getting almost boring.

He frowned internally, as they passed the tree he was perched on. He then flapped his wings, making it especially loud so they would hear. They did. His dad whirled for him and his Ashryver eyes narrowed in suspicion before chasing for them.

Cayden changed into a cat and enjoyed the chase his parents gave him.

-

Rayne was tired of reading and sleeping and training, surely there were more interesting things to do around Perranth.

She grumbled as her something mirrored the action prior to her. Hopping down from her bed, she adjusted her skirts as she continued out of her bedroom to the kitchen. Her mother, Lady Elide Lochan was talking with one of the cooks, her dark eyes lighting as she spied Rayne.

"How are you darling?" Her mother asked.

"Hungry," she muttered in turn.

"I was thinking about making something," said Elide hopefully ", Would you want to help?"

Rayne furrowed her brows ", Why?"

"We're going to Aerynelle for Yulemas, it's rude to go empty-handed to another household."

"What are we making?" she asked.

Her mother's lips quirked to the sides, a soft and gentle smile playing on her face ", Scones."

Sighing, Rayne agreed to help, things were getting so boring around here.

She hoped that there would be more things to do in Aerynelle.

-

Hello, again!
We meet again, in another fanfic! Whoever is from my old fic thank you for still coming to support me, new readers! Welcome!

So anyway here's the family trees.

Aelin and Rowan (The Galathynius Line)

-Aryna 19

-Laurel 17

-Cyrus 14

-Sylvia 8

Manon and Dorian (The Havilliard and Crochan Line)

-Sierra 17

-Eyvin 17 

Yrene and Chaol (The Westfall Line)

-Arvena 20

-Aeson 15

Elide and Lorcan (The Lochan Line)

-Rayne 16

Lysandra and Aedion (The Ashryver and Ennar Line)

-Cayden 17

-Sadie 8

Anyway, this is sort of like a teaser for the plotline, enjoy!