special chapter

Moments with the Galathynius family

Yulemas:

Sixteen-year-old Aryna gasped as she beheld the ribbons and lights that bedazzled the interior of Orythn's Palace, silver and gold, and green leaves tied with a berry branch wrapped with a red ribbon bringing a pop (well, more than a pop) to the shining white interior.

But most importantly.

Sitting, wrapped and ready, on an oak table under a tall decked out tree, tied with red ribbons and acorns, a shining red ember or flame on the top, courtesy to her mother, the fire burning forever but not burning.

"MINE!" shrieked Cyrus rushing for a silver-wrapped box labeled in beautiful writing 'Cyrus Ashryver Whitehorn Galathynius'. The wrapping was shredded within seconds.

The little girl gaped at the transparent ball of glass, embers of fire and ice shards burning and bouncing. Cyrus looked around, for the person who would give such a gift.

Their mother, clad in a white align dress fading to green, only raised a brow, while stuffing her mouth with candy their dad had given her. "We gave it," Rowan finally said ", So you and Laurel can stop fighting over which power is better."

Cyrus stuck out her tongue ", Ice is better because Aryna has it, and girls rules!"

Their father only rolled his eyes, their mother too busy eating to care.

"Hey, mom!" Laurel said, seeming offended ", Candies are for kids only!"

The queen only grinned, showing chocolate-covered pearly whites then said ", Get it then." And ran off in her heels.

Laurel and Cyrus immediately gave chase.

Aryna and Rowan sighed.

"Like mother, like children," Rowan muttered before giving Aryna relieved glance.

She only smiled.

-

Moments with the Lochan family.

Rayne sat, cross-legged, a book open in her lap as she watched the calm waters of Perranth's lake, gentle breezes stirring the water lightly, the occasional bubbles from the fishes below, and of course, the splashes of water as her dad went to catch a trout.

Her mother sat behind her, combing through her net of dark hair, one that she already got wet from trying to catch up with her dad in the water, she nearly drowned in the process.

So now here she was.

A guard walked towards them, a white envelope in his hand, looking at Rayne as he said ", Lady Rayne?"

"I told you to call me by my name," Rayne murmured, taking the letter that the guard's hand, watching him walk away before opening it and taking out of the sheet of scroll paper, written in a scribbled font that could've only been an attempt at traditional cursive.

She smirked as she recognized Sierra's writing.

Dear Rayne, 

I hope you got my present for Yulemas, there were transportation problems, I'm not quite sure if you got it in time.

Rayne did, and she cherished the gold-tipped swan quill, using it only for a special occasion for fear of breaking it too soon. 

I did receive the book you sent a few days back and I must say, I've never picked you as a romance-reader, eh Juliet?

Rayne flushed bright pink.

Anyway, I must go soon, write back if you please, I miss you.