Chapter 6: Bring him back.

The cave's walls were slick with moisture, the jagged opening smoothed over to create lumps and bumps rather than pointed and sharp protruding stones. A trickle of water continued to flow inwards towards the small interior, creating a small pond. Seated in the dark, in the freezing cold, was the crowned prince of the witches and humans.

Eyvin was curled in a ball, rocking back and forth, his arms wrapped around himself, head full of curling white hair tucked into his knees. Controlling his breathing, he shut his eyes tight, blocking the images of that blue-eyed boy, blocking everything related to him, blocking his death. 

Come now, boy, Erawan purred, You should face your fear.

"Shut up!" Eyvin shrieked, the sound rebounding on and off the cave walls ", You are not real! You are dead!"

Am I really?

"You killed him," the prince rasped, hands shooting into his snow-white hair, sapphire eyes wide with panic ", You killed him."

Last I checked, it wasn't my hands that plunged-

"Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!"

A blissful silence took hold for a moment, the demon retreating just momentarily, but enough for Eyvin to have a clear head, to take a breath, and to calm himself.

Dad did it, Eyvin thought, I'll fight it too.

You could bring him back.

"What?"

Thomas-

"H-how?"

Healers, Erawan said smugly, maidens of death and life. You just need his body.

"They can?"

Let me help you, little prince. Let me help you bring your Thomas back.

-

The princess and king and queen remained silent for three days.

The princess had locked herself in her chambers, refusing to speak, her golden eyes cold and bleak as days wore on, the king and queen were much of the same. The king, having thrown himself into the country's matters, the queen aiding him, though she was often spotted taking out her emotions in the training rooms.

The Terrasen royals had done the best they had can to comfort, bringing gifts, and overall making sure the entire country knew of their presence. But Yulemas was dull and the upcoming ball did not brighten any of their moods.

Rayne hesitated at the door but Sierra had probably already noted her footsteps and scent anyways, so she brought up her fist and knocked tentatively. There was no answer

She went in anyway.

"Sierra?"

The witch princess was sitting in the center of her canopy bed, sheets and blankets rumpled around her, her white nightgown worn and swallowing her figure. Her dark hair was combed through, she looked clean, but her eyes. Those gold eyes were dead as they slid towards hers.

 "Hey," Rayne said gently ", Missed me?"

She turned her head, averting Rayne's hawk-eyed gaze. The young lady of Perranth took a seat on the side of the bed, right next to the silent princess of witches. "I'm sorry," Rayne whispered ", I miss him too."

As if those words were an unleashing, the princess sucked in a sob and dropped her head into her arm, weeping. Rayne knew that it was not the time to comfort, not the usual way anyway, so she wrapped her arms around the princess, allowing her to cry on her shoulder, while the young lady rested her head on Sierra's head.

The young lady of Perranth held the broken human-witch princess in her arms, her tears soaking through clothing.

They stayed like that, how long, she did not know, but she'll be there, as long as Sierra needed it. When Sierra's sobs ceased, when her hitching breath calmed and golden eyes lifted towards her black ones, Rayne smiled gently, using the pad of her thumb to wipe the moisture off her cheek.

Sierra suddenly plunged her hands into Rayne's head of dark locks and kissed the corners of her lips. Rayne was simply so shocked that she allowed it, her own arms lay on her sides, motionless.

When Sierra made to kiss her though, Rayne held up a finger against her lips. Shock and hurt entered Sierra's gold eyes, the exact shade as her mother's. "It's not like that," Rayne said quickly ", I don't want our first time to serve as a distraction."

"Okay."

"There will be a first time," Rayne said gently ", Don't you worry."

Sierra looked away, flushed, most likely embarrassed. Fortunately, there was a knock at the door and Rayne gave her a reassuring squeeze, in which she returned. Opening the doors, the young lady spied the king, and the queen of Adarlan went in. 

"Sierra," Manon said firmly but quietly.

The young princess looked away.

"Sierra," Dorian said, gentler but still just as determined.

"We are going after him right?" Sierra whispered.

"Yes," Manon said ", Yes we are. He is my son and your brother and I will not live the rest of my life in shame knowing that I let a Valg king steal my witchling."

"I'm coming with you," Sierra said, gold eyes burning with the same fire in her parents' faces.

"We know," her father said ", We set tomorrow."

"We find him as a family," Sierra said firmly ", You are not leaving me behind."

Her mother gave her a smirk, never one for hugs and kisses but she had shown her love in different ways ", I don't why you think we would, you'd make a great distraction."

"Manon-"

"I know," her mother said exasperatedly.

She smiled shakily, but there was an attempt, and that was good enough.

We'll bring him back. 

-

hello

em, so

any character perspective I should write from?

also what is your biggest ship right now?