Him

The warm orange, pinks, yellows, and even small amounts of purple slowly crawled into my room from the window. The sun was rising and I was already ready, just straightening my tie and smoothing out my clothes so they weren't wrinkled.

I remember yesterday's announcement of a new classmate that was moving to our class. I had to make a good first impression, even if I ended up not even speaking to him.

I lift my bag up and over my shoulder as I headed out of the dorm room and to my class. I walked inside after only minutes of quick strides down the hallway, soft hums leaving me as I did to counter the silence of the hallways.

I sit down in my seat and set my bag down under it. I was always early and today was no different. I didn't see why the class made it such a big deal. It wouldn't be long before things were normal and he's just there.

Kendo walked in and a small smile came to my lips, getting up and leaning on my desk while she set her things on top of hers.

" hey Monoma! I'm excited to meet him." She says as she turns to face me with a smile.

"Everyone is. I'm sure the hype will die down by tomorrow if not in a couple hours."

"Maybe so. I wonder what he's like. Maybe you and him could be close actually Monoma."

"Depends on how he is. I don't hang out with pitiful people."

"Everyone knows that by now. I've known for years but it's not hard to figure out how self centered you are. It's unique for sure but that doesn't stop people from being annoyed by it."

"They're just jealous. I'm perfect in most ways. I don't waste my time on fake news."

"Yet you enjoy yourself some good gossip."

"Hey! I keep up with it because 1-A could use a tough crowd. They hoard the spotlight."

"Whatever. You're obnoxious."

"You love me anyway."

"I do so I'm not afraid to smack you and put you back in line."

"Hey!" I say, making her laugh.

I sit back down with a chuckle and look towards the front. Students were piling in and sure enough the entire class was here. Our teacher came inside with his hands behind his back, slightly shutting the door and walking to the front.

He cleared his throat before he began to speak. "As you all know, a new classmate from another class has been moved here since the staff thought he'd be better off here. He's just outside the door. Please be nice. Please. He's had difficulties in the past fitting in and I don't want that occurring here. You're all nice so I expect you'll all make good first impressions. He will introduce himself, get a desk, then we can begin class with a review to make sure he covered this."

And with that, he turned to the door and gestured the boy inside. He opened up the door and came inside, and I swear if I hadn't snapped myself out of my thoughts quick, my jaw would've dropped right then and there.

There he was. The boy I've seen twice and choked over in that damn coffee shop.

But this time. I could see his face. He looked exhausted, the dark circles very noticeable compared to his pale skin. His skin looked soft and smooth. It was pale but it just suited him that way. He was tall and slender like I remembered, the tangled, messy hair. That gray still didn't suit him. It just wasn't right. I didn't look into his eyes. No no. That'd be weird. He grabbed my attention for sure. He had everyone's attention. I don't know about them but I felt drawn to him, like I needed him. I just didn't know why.