(Chapter Seven)

(POV Rin knightwalker)

"I polished her nice and clean. I even added an extra materia slot for you out of the inconvenience." The store clerk held up my prize and possession with confidence. My orbs wondered over the weapon, marveling at the spotless metal that blessed my sight. Even the blade at the end was sharpened with care. I carefully took ahold of my sniper, feeling the newly applied grip. The black shined under the store's fluorescent lights, giving it a new look. I smirked at my weapon, itching to get back into battle. I could feel my trigger finger twitch.

"This looks exceptional. Thank you for caring for my weapon." I hummed out a thank you, receiving a gentle smile from the man himself. He crossed his arms over his chest as he triumphantly laughed. He cocked his head to the side slightly, parting his lips once more.

"I added another thing, you know,  something special to it but you're going to have to find out...Anyway, do you need anything else before you go, missy?" I thought for a second, reaching in my pocket to pull out a  pouch of gil that I had saved up from my previous jobs. There was some materia I was waiting to get for a long time now.

"There is one thing. I need time materia as well as thunder materia. Got any left?" Just as the man went to answer my request, screaming rattled the store making me instantly snap my gaze towards the outside. I looked back at the store clerk only receiving a worried glance from him. In no time, the clerk pulled out both the time and thunder materia that I requested before handing them to me with no hesitation. I nodded my head towards him, equipping the materia. Just as I went to pull out the right amount of gil, he waved his hands wildly.

"It's on the house, just go see what's going on." His voice was frantic.

"Hide behind the counter until you feel safe." I didn't bother waiting for a response as I bolted out the door. As if I was running a marathon, I ran down the narrow alleys of the slums. My foot smashed into litter on the roads without a care in the world. People stood out in the road in fear, making it hard for me to get through but that's when I saw it. I saw what they were staring at.

"The hell?" Ghost-like apparitions circled around in the air barely leaving the sky visible. Those things were like something out of a fairy tale book but right now, it wasn't the time to gawk at the sight before me. With the best voice I could muster up, I yelled at the pedestrians.

"Everyone inside now!" A few looked over to me with confusion in their eyes but no one questioned it as groups of people started to run into nearby stores, taking cover. My hair whisked behind me as I took my large sniper rifle into my hand. I focused my thoughts, trying to devise some type of plan. That's when I got it. I hurried and did a vertical jump on one of the roofs, landing with elegance. Once I could get a clear view of the region, I saw nonother than Tifa and Cloud trying to make there way down an ally way. Their hands shielded their eyes as the dust started to work its way up from the ground from all the wind and those things. By the looks of it, they were heading to seventh Heaven. I rotated my sniper in my hand before skillfully shooting three bullets. The shots landed, lightening up the load Cloud and Tifa were going through. That's when Tifa turned around with Cloud following in tow. There gazes finally found my form on top of the rooftops.

"Rin!" Tifa's voice expressed relief as she continued to shield her eyes. Cloud, on the other hand, nodded towards Seventh Heaven, yelling something over the loud wind.

"Jesse and Barret need help. Meet us at Seventh Heaven!" I nodded, tearing my eyes away from the two. Once I was able to find a route to the bar, I began to bounce from rooftop to rooftop. It didn't take long until I was able to hear Barret's obsessive swears and Jesse's screams. Barret shot multiple rounds at the ghost-like beings, trying his best to defend Jesse but to no avail, he wasn't able to land a single shot. That's when I decided to take several more shots of my sniper. I was able to hit one from my spot, catching the attention of Barret and Jesse. The man laughed as he smiled in my direction.