13

"Wake up, sleepyhead..." nagising ako nang naramdamang may yumuyugyog sa akin.

My eyelids feel heavy but I still forced my eyes to open. The sight of Orion holding a tray with breakfast on it greeted me. I must say, it was nice view to wake up to.

"I cooked you some chicken soup. It'll make you feel better," aniya at umupo sa gilid ng kama habang kandong-kandong ang tray.

"Ayaw, wala akong gana." I shook my head and covered my face with a pillow. "Plus, my head feels heavy a bit."

"That's why you have to eat," he replied, removing the pillow from my face. Hindi ko binitawan ang unan kaya nag-agawan pa kaming dalawa. One thing led to another and I found his face only a few inches away from mine's.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa kalapitan namin. Kung kanina, giniginaw pa ako, ngunit ngayong sobrang lapit namin sa isa't-isa, parang pumasok yata lahat ng init sa katawan ko.

His eyes, too, widened. His arm was above my head and the other was beside my waist. I could feel his heavy breathing as our eyes locked with each other.

He faked a cough and looked at me one last time before distancing himself. He took the tray which now on the bedside table and placed it beside me. He then offered a hand and helped me get up.

Ayaw ko pa sanang bumangon ngunit dahil baka sa kaartehan ko, maulit pa ang nangyari.

Hindi ako nagsisinungaling noong sinabihan ko siyang wala akong ganang kumain. Ngunit dahil sinusubuan niya ako, naubos ko ang soup.

Kaya kong alagaan ang sarili ko ngunit hindi ko rin maitanggi na iba talaga ang pakiramdam ng may nag-aalaga.

"Wow, nurse ka na niyan?" I teased when I saw him recording my temperature on a piece of paper.

He only smiled and waved the paper in front of me. "I've been keeping tabs of your temperature just to make sure that you're actually getting better."

Hay, ba't ang caring niya? Paano na lang kung ma-fall ako sa kaniya? I mean... hindi ko siya type nor anything but... he's so sweet and a boyfriend material! I mean... how could I not like him?

But no, I don't like him romantically. As person, yes. But other than that, no. It's a no and my mind will not change.

He's just a friend... he's just a friend... he's just a friend...

"Hey, you know what time it is?" tinaasan ko siya ng kilay at hinintay ang idudugtong niya. "It's time for you to take a bath."

"Ha ha ha funny!" I faked a laugh and dropped myself to bed. "Tinatamad ako."

"Maliligo ka o papaliguan kita?"

Dahil sa gulat, bigla akong napatayo at dumiretso sa banyo. Hindi na naman ako nakapaghanda sa banat niya kaya apektadong-apektado na naman ako.

I heard him laugh at my reaction but I'm not complaining. His laugh was so contagious that I found myself smiling at my reflection. His laugh was like... music to my ears...

"Wait outside first, I'll prepare your bathtub." Pumasok siya sa banyo at pinalabas ako. Natigil na siya sa pagtawa ngunit may ngisi pa rin sa mga labi.

"I'm not done yet," he informed and went out of my room. Kahit kasasabi niya lang na hindi pa siya tapos, pumasok pa rin ako ng banyo para tingnan ang ginawa niya.

The calming aroma of lavender filled my nose as I entered. He did prepare my bathtub and also lit my scented candles.

I leaned on the doorframe and enjoyed the lingering scents that calmed my senses and waited for him to come back.

"I told you I'm not done yet." He said, placing the cup he was holding beside the bathtub.

"What's that?"

"Mulberry tea."

"Wala akong ganiyan, ah!" sabi ko habang iniisip kung may nabili ba akong ganoong tsaa na nakalimutan ko lang.

He faced me with both arms on his waist and shrugged. "I bought it this morning. I did some research last night and according to some articles, such tea will help you feel better and so does aromatherapy and a warm bath."

"I also bought you some bath-bombs," he added, lightly scratching his head.

Woah... so he did all of these? For me?

"Y-you didn't have to," sabi ko sabay lapit sa kaniya. "A patch of kool-fever and some meds will do."

"But I appreciate the effort." I smiled. "Thank you, Orion." Next thing I knew, I was already hugging him.

When I realized what I did, I immediately distanced myself from him. I felt my blood rush to cheeks and I just wanted to disappear in an instant.

"I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done that," I apologized, my eyes now focusing on the floor. "I got carried away but I also know that I shouldn't have done that. I didn't mean to invade your personal space and make you uncomfor—"

"Hey, hey..." I saw his feet walking towards me. I bit my lips hard and tried to control myself. "It's fine, really. There's no need to apologize."

This is the first time someone did such to me and I got so overwhelmed that I lost control of myself. I know he just said that it's fine but still, actions influenced by emotions won't do me so much good.

He placed a finger below my chin and lifted it up. Our eyes met and my heartbeat doubled in an instant. I didn't know why I'm exactly feeling such but I guess it's all because of the embarrassment.

"You can hug me anytime. I'm sure I'll appreciate it when you do so," he said with a wink. The heavy atmosphere was then lifted and replaced with a lighter and feel-good one.

I laughed nervously on what I heard. It's not him that's making me nervous. It's myself and the things that my mind are suggesting me to do are the ones that's making me nervous.

I masked what I was feeling with a smile. "Thank you, really."

"Anytime..." He gave me that smile and left.

It was the kind of smile that makes your knees weak; the kind of smile that makes you feel worried because you know that in just one wrong move, your heart would be at stake.