40

"You have a list on how to avoid heartbreaks?" Medyo natatawang tanong ni Orion.

I glared at him for laughing on my list, making him laugh even more and even louder this time!

We were sitting on the edge of the bed but since his laugh annoyed me, I left his side and went back to my seat beside the floor-to-ceiling window.

Sinundan niya ako at mahinang tumawa. Lumuhod siya sa harapan ko, sinusubukang sumeryoso pero hindi talaga napigilan at napangiti na.

"Aww, my baby is mad," aniya sabay palibot ng mga braso sa baywang ko. He then rested his face on my tummy and showered it with kisses. Napakagat-labi ako sa kaniyang ginagawa, pinipigilang tumawa at dumaing dahil sa kiliting nararamdaman.

Nang makuntento siya sa ginagawa, tumingala siya sa akin at saka ako nginitian. "I just find you so adorable. I mean... I didn't expect you'd do such."

Inismiran ko siya at dinala ang tingin sa malaking bintana ngunit ang atensyon ko ay nasa kaniya pa rin, hinihintay ang susunod niyang gagawin.

Tumayo siya sa pagkakaluhod at walang hirap akong kinarga para makaupo siya sa kinauupuan ko at ako naman ay nasa kandungan niya na.

Before I could even react on his sudden move, he hugged me again from the back, then burying his face on my neck.

After all these years, his effect on me is still the same. If something changed, then that would be because his effect intensified even more!

He can take my breath away with a small smile; he can make me feel better with just a few comforting words; and he can make me feel at home with just a hug.

Siya lang ang may ganitong epekto sa akin.

"I'm actually glad you made such," he whispered, his lips now trailing from the back of my ear down to my neck. "It made you stay away from boys and led you to me instead."

I feel like its a mistake that I told him that he's the only person that made my list ineffective and the only person who made me rebel against my rules.

"So confident," I commented, trying sound serious but also just stopping myself from making sounds because of his kisses.

Why am I even mad at the first place?

He held my waist and in one swift motion, I was now facing him. "Of course! My fiancee just told me that I'm the only one who could make her list not work," he said proudly.

Fiancee... I still can't believe that we're engaged!

"It simply means that what she has for me is not shallow... it means that no rules can make her change her heart about me... no rules can make her stop loving me," he continued, but this time, in a soft, soothing voice.

"Well, I guess so..."

"You guess so? So, you're not sure?" Aniya kunyare nagtatampo.

Bahagya akong natawa sa kaniyang inasta at saka napailing. Ipinalibot ko ang mga braso sa kaniyang leeg at ginawang unan ang kaniyang dibdib.

Nanatili kami sa ganoong posisyon hanggang sa umalis ako sa pagkakahilig sa kaniya at masinsinan siyang tinitigan.

"I was too scared of getting hurt that I honestly doubted if I'll ever be in a romantic relationship," I admitted. "But then, I learned that whatever we do, life will always throw challenges at us and hurt us in the process so we could grow. And you, my Orion Vero, are the only person worth hurting for...you're the only person worth risking my heart for... you're the only person who made me want to commit..."