23

"I hope she's fine..."

That was the first thing I heard when I got my consciousness back. I opened my eyes and immediately saw a white ceiling. Inilibot ko ang tingin at saka napagtantong wala ako sa sariling kwarto.

I recalled what happened and immediately got up when I remembered everything.

"Where's Orion?"

My sudden movement made the two people in my room flinch.

"London! Thank goodness you're awake!" Euxine exclaimed and went to hug me.

I wanted to know where Orion is but then I saw that her eyes were puffy and red. She looked like she cried all night and didn't have a decent sleep.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly but deep inside, I was panicking.

Hindi siya sumagot at bigla na lang umiyak. Tinabunan niya ang mukha at lalo pang humikbi.

Umalis ako sa kama at niyakap si Euxine. Masakit pa ang katawan ko pero mas masakit makitang umiiyak ang kaibigan.

"Hey! Go back to your bed! You're still not well..." she trailed off, then wiping her tears while helping me sit on the edge of the bed. "I should be the one asking you if you're okay."

Bago pa ako makasagot, bumukas ang pintuan ng kwarto at saka pumasok si Phili kasama ang isang nurse. Ngayon ko lang napagtanto na lumabas pala siya.

After checking me up and applying some ointments on my wound, the nurse went out, leaving me behind with Phili and Euxine.

"I missed you two!" Magiliw kong sabi. I then opened my arms which the two took as a cue to hug me.

Phili sighed, "You don't have to pretend that you're okay cuz we can see that you're not."

He's right. I'm not okay but I don't want them to worry about me.

"Phili's right, London... but yeah, we missed you too even though we just saw each other last time," Euxine said, chuckling. "We're just worried you know... seeing Orion carrying your unconscious body while the both of you were bleeding... it was terrible..."

I wanted to ask what exactly happened but I was more worried about Orion. They assured me that he's fine but I want to see him myself. Hindi mapapanatag ang loob ko hanggang sa makita kong nasa mabuting kalagayan nga siya.

They both sighed but nodded at my request. Sandaling lumabas si Phili at bumalik na may dalang wheelchair.

I smiled gratefully at them before transferring to the wheelchair. They then wheeled me to Orion's room. He was lying on his bed, sleeping with lots of bandages on one of his arm.

After the two left to give us some privacy, I broke down in tears. With shaking hands, I reached for his' and caressed it while silently praying for his wellbeing.

It breaks my heart to see him in this situation and I can't help but blame myself. Ako dapat ang nasa posisyon niya. Ako dapat ang nabaril at hindi siya.

Naramdaman kong gumalaw ang kaniyang kamay kaya mabilis ko namang pinahiran ang mga luha.

"You're awake!" Aniya na ikinagulat ko.

The burden that was lifted when I saw him open his eyes with a smile was immeasurable. Kahit nasasaktan dahil sa kalagayan niya, mas bumuti ang pakiramdam ko ngayong gising na siya.

"Ako dapat ang magsabi niyan ah!"

"You're the one who's unconscious since yesterday."

Siya ang nabaril pero ako ang nawalan ng malay?