Chapter XV

Isis

Hey baby girl I spoke to my gorgeous daughter Aubrey Delilah Bennett. Jamal didn't even come to see me give birth to our daughter. Thru out my whole pregnancy I went thru the pain and all by myself. He never comfort me.

Anyway I was scrolling down Instagram , watching my baby sleep while someone walked into my room. I thought it was a nurse , but surprised to see that it was Jamal.

Hey.. Isis he said. Who told you? I asked him. Oh your sister. He told me. Okay why you here though? I asked him. I can't see my baby? He answered with a question. I didn't answer and watched as he walked up to what Aubrey. What's her name? Aubrey I told him. When you leaving he asked. Tomorrow, my cousin is picking me up. I got you I can pick you. He said. Nah I'm good thanks I said.

( Next Day )

When I got home the house was clean and quiet just how I left it. I walked into my closet located in my room to see that all of Jamal's clothes gone. I guess he moved out I thought to myself. I had my cousin put Aubrey in her crib.

~ 6 years later

Seconds which turned into minutes, minutes which turned into hours, hours which turned into days that eventually turned into weeks and now it's years .

It's already been 6 years and I've been a single mother ever since Jamal left me. The last time I seen him was 6 years ago at the hospital when Aubrey was born. Aubrey is 5 turning 6 pretty soon. I feel so bad for my baby cause she's always asking me where her father is and telling me how her friends have fun with their fathers'.

I don't even know what to tell her. Well I'm 24 years old and I am an Assistant at a modeling agency. It's very hard being a single mother , but I  work for the sake of my daughter. To me I don't believe in love anymore. I don't know if I'll find love ever and get married. Even though I dream of it. I just don't think it's for me.

It Friday I'm off , Aubrey is at her grandma house for the week. So I guess tonight I'm going out. Honestly I'm not looking for love. I just want to chill and have fun.

So I'm just chilling on my couch eating chips and watching a show. Sometimes I think about the times when I was younger. I was a wild child though. I didn't say cause it hurts me , but Jamal is a famous basketball player. He's married and has a daughter.

I see him on TV all the time. It really funny how his wife doesn't know that he has a child already and she isn't the first. I wonder if thinks about me though? Probably don't but Hey! who cares? No one exactly...  Anywho tonight I'm going out with a couple of friends, there's a big event so I'm ready to turn up!