05. Foster

"Uh..." [name] mumbled out with a slight pout on her face as she had just received her test results. A bitter smile soon plastered on her face as she took a look at her history exam, only to look at the huge 'F' grade on the top corner of it. She sighed in frustration then, it wasn't like she didn't study.

She tried.

But she couldn't remember anything during the test. It was as if her brain disappeared and left her to become a blank canvas with a stunned expression on her face as she read the questions during the test.

"[name], are you having trouble with school? Has something happened at home?" Himejima asked, and [name] shook her head slightly. He then gently chuckled and placed a large hand on her.

"You will need to improve your grades. I heard that your buddy is Yushiro from the second-year, he is excellent in history. He can guide you through it," Himejima explained, and [name] nodded her head slightly. She then turned and walked back to her seat, only to have her classmates chuckle as she gripped the test papers in her hands tightly and sighed in frustration.

"Nii-san's going to kill me," she mumbled out as she sat back in her seat with her head on the table, and Nezuko could only giggle then as she patted her friend on the shoulder.

"There, there. I heard that there's going to be a second try on the test so that these marks wouldn't be reflected on our report card," Nezuko explained, and [name]'s head shot up once she had listened to what the girl beside her had said.

"Really? Means I can don't show nii-san my results right? Means I can show him the better results!" she said with a smile and Nezuko nodded her head as she looked at her own test results, not far from [name] in terms of the mark. And they had the same grade.

"Oh..." [name] whispered out, and Nezuko giggled.

"Apparently we all failed quite badly," Nezuko spoke out as she pointed to the Tokito twins, Senjuro and Genya who then showed their papers to [name] as they had a huge 'F' on the top corner of their papers as well.

"Well, Genya is the only one who is terribly afraid right now about showing Shinazugawa-senpai his results," Senjuro commented, and [name] turned to look at Genya who was sweating profusely.

"The bad thing about having your siblings or relatives as your buddy, is they would instantly know about your results," Yuichiro spoke out, and he sighed as he could hear running footsteps from outside the classroom. The door to the classroom slammed opened and in came the Tsugikuni twins, Sanemi, Kyojuro and there was Tanjiro as well.

Surprisingly, since he wasn't part of the third-year batch.

[name] then paled a little as she had expected Yushiro to come, only to realize that he didn't. She heaved a sigh of relief in response and watched as Sanemi was busy scolding Genya who was sweating profusely, and Kyojuro was brightly encouraging his younger brother, Senjuro.

"How could you fail so badly?!" Michikatsu snapped at Yuichiro who had on a scowl in response. [name] then watched, and that's when she noticed. How similar Michikatsu and Yuichiro were in terms of personality. Both were hot-headed.

Whereas Muichiro and Yoriichi's personality was identical. They were calm, or rather, too calm. And [name] watched as Yoriichi gently patted Muichiro on his head.

"It's alright, we can do better,"

"The second test will be held at the end of the week, so I hope those who had received a failing grade will put in the effort to pass this test," Himejima spoke out as he stood up and proceeded to walk out of the classroom, and [name] sighed in response.