Chapter forty

Sierras pov
I groaned in annoyance when I heard my phone ring for the second time that night. It was just after two am and I only went to bed about an hour ago because I couldn't stop watching 'Outer banks' on Netflix. I stared at my ceiling waiting for the call to end so I could fall asleep. Once it did, I let out a breath and closed my eyes. For a second. "I Should have put this thing on silent" I muttered. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and pressed it harshly to my ear. "I swear to God if you call me one more f-"

"Is that anyway to answer me love"

"Aaron? I'm going to fucking kill you when I see you next" I gritted out

"Well then I guess I shouldn't be standing outside your house right now"

"What?" I whispered to myself. I walked over to my window and low and behold he was standing on my front lawn. I opened the window and glared at him.

"Not the reaction I was expecting" he said

"Aaron are you crazy. It's Friday morning, a school night. Why are you here? Go home"

"I couldn't sleep" he shrugged

"Ok well as you can see I was sleeping just fine"

"Come on I want to show you something" he begged

"No my mom will kill me if she found out I snuck out of the house when school is literally in seven hours" I whispered yelled

"She's not here" he said and pointed to my driveway. Well more like my empty driveway. My mom was still at work but will most definitely be back soon. I stayed silent. "Only for an hour. I promise to bring you back"

"The last time we snuck out we got caught by the cops" I said folding my arms over my chest.

"That is not going to happen. I can promise you that now please come down I look like an idiot" he said.

I rolled my eyes and backed away from my window. I changed into a black oversized hoodie and some jersey shorts. I grabbed my phone and walked out the door. I walked over to the car where Aaron was on his phone. "So where are we going?" I asked putting on my seatbelt. He only smiled and put the car in drive.

Fifteen minutes later and we were still driving. "Aaron you have been driving for ages" I whined

"Stop crying like a baby. We are here" he laughed. We got out of the car and he led me over to his secret destination

"Woah" I said in awe. We were on a cliff sort of thing that overlooked the city. It looked absolutely beautiful. All the lights were on and it just seemed extremely peaceful from up here. I couldn't help but to continue to walk over to the ledge to get a better view of what was going on at the bottom. I was abruptly pulled back into his chest by him.

"Woah you don't want to get to close. It's dangerous" he whispered in my ear. I nodded my head and he pulled away. He then walked back and little and sat down on the ground.

"So how did you even find this place?" I asked sitting down next to him.

"Well when my parents first bought me this car I couldn't stop driving it. That same day I kept driving and driving till I got here. I found it during the daytime though but it looks way better at night" he explained

"I agree" I laughed. It was silent for a moment after that. We were just both taking in the view in front of us.

"Tell me something I don't know" he said

"What?" I laughed. "Like what?" I asked

"What are you afraid of?"

I made a face and turned looked back at the city. "I'm afraid of a lot of things" I said