douze

Douze - Twelve

Eden 😏:
Hey, are you free?

Fay 💋:
Yeah. Where you want to meet?

Eden 😏:
Come to my house.

Fay 💋:
Be there in five.

The couch was more comfortable than Fay would have liked for it to be. It took more time than it should have for him to stand up and stretch. Even though he wasn't letting it on, he was honestly excited to get out of the house and meet up with Eden. A stress reliever sounded perfect after what happened only a few hours before.

"Where are you going?" Vivienne asked from her spot on the recliner next to the window. Though the television was on, both of them were on their phones, silently enjoying each other's company.

"A friend needs me." He half-lied. Though he and Eden were still not friends, they definitely needed each other right then. At least, Fay needed him.

"It's a bit late, don't you think?" She continued, raising an eyebrow as she watched him get ready to leave the house. "What's Maman going to say?"

"Oh come on, Vi. La commére." He teased his sister, sticking out his tongue and then proceeding to roll his eyes.

"How old are you? Did you seriously just call me a tattletail?" Vi sighed in annoyance. She folded her arms over her chest. "Maman is going to be worried if you're not home, that's all I meant."

"I know." Fay told her. He knew that he shouldn't have been running off once it was getting dark out without telling her where he was going, but he didn't want to bother her right then. "Just tell her I went to bed early. If she's asleep right now, then you won't have to tell her anything at all."

"What about Char?"

That made Fay pause and purse his lips. That was definitely a viable question, even if it was one that Fay wanted to ignore. Charlot had just had one his fits earlier and was now locked away in his room. No one went up to talk to him, because they were scared that it would only cause for him to feel worse about himself or spark another rampage.

It was starting to get worse. Everyday, the outbursts became more prevalent and the grey areas became darker. Fay wasn't sure if everyone else was seeing it as much as he was, but Char was spiraling further and further from reality. Soon, things were going to end up beyond repair and everyone was just watching from the sidelines.

"I don't think he's going to leave his room again tonight." Fay told her, eyes flickering to the wooden staircase that Char had stomped up. "If he does, I doubt he'll want any excess attention. Now I need to get going."

Vivienne sighed, nodding. "Okay. See you later."

Fay wished her goodbye before heading straight for the door. He pulled on his pink converse, stopping to check the time. Fay told Eden that he would be there in five, six minutes ago.

Outside it was dark, the air chilly against Fay's exposed face. He had a fuzzy pink zip-up unzipped and pulled over a floral t-shirt, blue jeans cuffed. Barrettes with pink and blue flowers on them kept his hair from falling in front of his eyes. Fay tucked his hands into his pockets as he began down the sidewalk.

It had been two weeks since the Halloween party, and they had already had plenty of hookups. It was starting to become a relatively normal thing. His family had celebrated La Toussaint in the only way they could, by making a nice meal and sharing stories of their passed away family members. Before they moved from France, they would be able to visit the cemetery and leave flowers. Now they had to let the memory live on in a different way.