Lips

Colson POV

"So you all are going to go in here and it will be completely dark. The waiters and waitresses have night vision goggles so if you need something just raise a hand and they'll be right there." The man motioned to the door, leading into the darkness. We were guided to our table, an empty seat next to me for Sarah's late friend.

"This is fucking weird." I chuckled, gingerly running my hand to where my glass more than likely was placed.

"This is fucking wild!" Sarah squeaked from across the table. "The food could look like shit and I'd be oblivious."

"Is it bad I could find my way to the table just with your voice Sarah?" My jaw tensed at the voice so close to me. "Ah fuck, where is the chair." I turned slightly and reached my hand out a bit.

"Here, grab my hand, it's next to me." Her hand landed on my bicep, brushing its way up to my hand."

"I'm sorry, I'm definitely not feeling you up." She laughed as I guided her to hopefully where the chair was next to me. She sighed and gave my hand a squeeze. "Thank you Mr?"

"Just call me Kells or Colson."

"Woah no one calls you Colson." I chuckled to Slims' remark.

"Yeah well she sounds like a beautiful lady. She gets that right. What is your name?"

"It's Daniella. People call me Danny or D." It was her. I knew by the way her voice felt like silk against my ears. The way her hand ran down my arm so gently as if I was glass.

"It's nice to hear you D." She laughed slightly before clearing her throat.

"I need a drink, where is the fucking glass." I could hear her hands fumbling along the table, a goofy smile crossing my lips. This was the last place to bring Danny that was for sure. She was one to knock over a tree by sheer bad luck and a mere accident.

Just like that dinner began, whatever the hell we were eating was good, and the Jack and Coke I'd kept ordering was doing it's job of calming the nerves. I needed to see her though. I knew it was her, but to see her face was something I craved more than any drug I'd tried. Her occasional giggles sent my heart racing.

"So Colson, where are you from?" I heard her turn slightly, her knee brushing against mine. I gently ran my hand to her knee, giving it a squeeze.

"Cleveland and you?"

"Cleveland was my home. Someone lit my childhood home on fire." She laughed slightly, I felt her hand rest on top of mine.

"Yeah I think that person was hurt. Troubled, hurt and just bitter. I bet he's sorry though. Sorry for more than just that incident."

"Mmmm I think that incident was the least of what bothered me about the boy." Her hand caressed my arm, I squeezed my eyes shut before taking a deep breath.

"He ummm he fucked up a lot. He was bitter that you left and he missed so much that he just shut down. Hung out with the wrong people and did a lot of things he regrets. He'd probably spend his whole life making it up to you if he had the chance." I moved my hand from her knee and grabbed the leg of her chair, yanking her closer.

"I dunno if i could trust him that much right away. He broke my heart." Leaning forward, my hand found its way to her shoulder and then to her neck.

"He's got a lot of time to earn that trust back." She'd turned to me, her hand finding my cheek.

"She's got some time to spare." She mumbled, I could feel her breath near my lips before they brushed mine. I bit her bottom lip and could feel her try to smile before I released her. I kissed her again, running my fingers through the strands of her hair at the back of her neck. "Coffee tonight?" She mumbled. "I know a place right down the block."

"I'm not letting you leave my side."

"Danny?" Sarah pulled us from our moment, she turned towards the table, her fingers were laced within mine resting on her thigh.

"Yeah?"

"You were quiet, just seeing if you fled or not." Danny laughed before squeezing my hand.

"I'm not going anywhere, but I gonna go get a pastry and coffee down the street. I'll pay our tab on my way out, Rook can you get her home with Brandon?"

"Of course. Kells you going with Danny?"

"I might be." I laughed slightly before standing up as she did. "I'll see you guys in the studio tomorrow yeah?"

"You know it man!" Slim hollered, shoveling something in his mouth in the darkness. The waiter guided us out, this was it. I was going to see her again. I let her go only for a moment as we walked closer to the second door and into the darkness of night, yet I could see her in the dim lobby light. She had on this dress that plumbed between her breasts, at the waist was a gold belt, the dress settling right at her mid thighs. Yet that dagger earring, the one I had given her, hanging right in view. She paid half the bill as I took the other half, yet I was still staring at her.

She glanced up at me, and I saw it all. Those blue eyes held my innocence, fears, strengths, memories, my world. She smiled as I offered her my hand.

"I barely recognize you, but you were that prick who nearly ran over my foot at the restaurant." I laughed as she took my hand and we walked out into the streets.

"I'm sorry, had I known it was you honking the car horn at me to be an asshole I would have surely stopped and not given the middle finger." She laughed just kept glancing at me. "What?" We kept walking and she shook her head.

"You look so different. So many tattoos are peaking from your blazer." She motioned to my wrist, lifting our hands. "I wanna know what happened to you, but I don't expect you to open up right away." I didn't even know where to start with her. I had a lot of explaining to do.