𝑭𝑬𝑬𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑫𝑼𝑪𝑲𝑺

kairi's pov:

"hurry uppp," i whined, as mattia grabbed the picnic basket and blanket out of the boot. i tugged on his hand and looked up at him with shining eyes, i couldn't wait any longer. he laughed and ruffled my hair before gently placing the blanket in my hand for me to carry, while he carried the food basket.

he interlocked our fingers and softly rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb as we made our way to the grassy area in front of us. i looked around at the peaceful atmosphere; squealing children chasing each other playfully, cotton candy clouds roaming the sky, the layer of the setting sun coating the park, the murmer of the water coming from the distant lake.

i giggled and started running towards the lake, eager to see my fluffy duck friends. i looked back to see mattia chasing me, but he was at a disadvantage cause of the heavy food basket.

"slow coach!" i poked my tongue out, as i ran as fast as my little legs would carry me.

i made it to the edge of the lake, away from the noise of the main part of the park. i chucked the blanket on the grass as i felt a body tackle me into a hug, causing us to land on the grass together. i looked up to see mattia's arms wrapped around me as he kissed my forehead. i giggled and kissed his cheek before wriggling out of his grasp, standing up.

we each grabbed two corners of the checkered red and white blanket, carefully spreading it on the grass. i picked up the heavy picnic basket, with much struggle, and placed it on the corner of the blanket so that it wouldn't blow away.

i grabbed the bread loaf that we had brought specially for the ducks and turned to mattia.

"c'mon let's gooo," i squealed, pulling him towards the lake. he laughed and followed me as we sat on the bank, kicking our shoes off first of course. we rolled up our jeans as we let our feet dangle in the water, watching it's gentle ripples. i saw the ducks gliding through the water, their little webbed feet kicking under the surface.

i grabbed a piece of bread from the loaf and ripped off a small corner, gently throwing it to the ducks in the water. i saw one of them turn it's head towards us before eagerly swimming towards the piece of bread.

soon enough, the whole group of ducks were gathered in a clump at the bank, waiting for us to throw the bread. as i threw another one, they all fought over it and quacked loudly. i giggled at the sight, my heart warming. i could feel mattia's gaze on me, making my cheeks heat up.

"what?" i teased, poking him.

"i can't decide what's cuter, you or the ducks," he replied, laughing. i giggled and rested my head in the crook of his neck.

purples, pinks, yellows and oranges took over the sky, blending together to create a mellow atmosphere across the park. the beautiful colours reflected onto the lake as i inhaled mattia's warming scent. i could hear the faint quaking from the ducks as they squabbled over the bread and laughed quietly to myself.

"hey, look, it's 11:11," mattia said out of the blue, showing me his phone.

"isn't that for corny middle schoolers," i replied, giving him a funny stare.

"well, you're my corny middle schooler. now hurry up and make a wish," he said, handing me a piece of bread that he had torn off.

we both closed our eyes and threw the bread into the lake as we made wishes in our hearts.

i wish nights like these would never end.

"ok, enough of feeding the ducks, i'm hungry," i whined once we'd made our wishes. mattia chuckled as i made grabby hands towards him, and he lifted me up, carrying me back to the picnic blanket.

i plopped myself down cross-legged and looked inside the basket to see two bags of chips; one salt and vinegar, one original flavoured. i eyed the original flavoured ones and went to reach for them, but mattia's fat ass grabbed it before i could.

"hEy," i cried, trying to grab it from him.

he giggled and swiftly got up, running away from the blanket.

"i will fight you, sir," i said in my high pitched girls voice.

"i don't think you have the facilities for that, big man," he shouted back deviously.

i ran over to him and tried to jump to reach them as he held them above his head.

"fiGhT mE," i shouted up at him, out of breath.

"unfortunately, i have a rule against battling children."

a/n: oh hi
this is..interesting
i literally hate this

quick note:
thank you to those of you who are sending me sweet private messages :)
unfortunately, i can't reply cause they're fucking broken, but just know that im not ignoring you and appreciate you !

and thank you for over 40k+ reads wtf this is my first ever time writing on wattpad 🥺🤝❤️