A Letter For Someone Who Promised to Stay

Dear You,

I can't remember how many days, weeks, months, or years had passed. I can't remember how many times I had to put down my cup of coffee and drink milk instead to sleep. I can't remember how many meals I refused to eat and how many times I chose to starve myself. I can't remember how many beers I had drunken to ease the pain, how many chocolates I had eaten to lessen the bitterness, and how many books I had read to escape from the cruel reality. I can't remember.

But I can remember you, us. I can tell everyone how you turned your back on me, and the feeling of being left behind by the person who promised to stay. I can clearly see the last moment we have under the pouring rain-pouring tears of mine. I can still imagine how the stars hid themselves to not hear my cry, how the crickets hushed me by singing a lullaby, and how the moon refused to watch me die. The lonely sky joined me when you left me that night. The cold breeze hugged me as you fade in my sight. Love, I can still remember how your loving eyes turned into cold ones. And that time, I knew it's over. We're really over.

You left without bidding even a single word, just like how you came without knocking. You left me hanging just like the chimes dangling on the door. You left my heart scattered on the floor. Love, being loved by you was the most astonishing feeling I felt. You were the one who held me fearlessly, not afraid with my thorns. You removed the thorns out of me and let me lived abundantly. But the moment you chose to left me, you chose to take me back behind the cold bars I was living in before. You caged me, again, in the past.

Now, I am living in sorrow, breathing the loneliness and swimming in grief. But despite of all the things you had done, my door is still open when you decided to come back. My hugs and kisses will always be yours. No matter how many promises of staying you will break in the future, I can endure. Is it being martyr? If yes, I am willing to be called as one. Martyr as it may seem, but I could forget the past if you want me to. Come back in my haven and let me take care of your heart, again. Heal me with your love, Love. Stay with me, again.

Loves,
Me

------
FB: Elle Dama
Instagram: elledamahahahah
Twitter: elledama

We will all be healed!